Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GEEZ... it is cold out there! :snow I went outside just to get the mail and that was more than enough. My friends and I were talking about going to the park tomorrow and play some football but if the weather is going to be like this, then screw football.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
:nono

NSF grants = teh rOxOrz

the NSF grant proposal process = teh Sux

duly noted and agree. Actually, doubly duly noted and agree. Usually I love the rigidity and order in the scientific process, but this stuff is just nitpicky and anal. . .

Although, we're writing drafts and I would rather do an NIH one, since that's usually how we get funded. . .

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Thanks!

It's been changed for, like, a week! But yeah, I like it.

I wanted to be certain I liked the change :)

NOw we need to work on PA. PA doesn't work, to close to a slang for father.

NSF grants = the Sux

You have explained to them how in any future ethanol tolerance studies, those undergrad lab assistants will have unsupervised access ONLY to the storage areas with the Sani-Chips and Lab Blox, right? They must realize that those irregularities could have happened anywhere. I mean, you’ve tightened up your protocols and want to move forward, so why can’t they?

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
You have explained to them how in any future ethanol tolerance studies, those undergrad lab assistants will have unsupervised access ONLY to the storage areas with the Sani-Chips and Lab Blox, right?  They must realize that those irregularities could have happened anywhere.  I mean, you’ve tightened up your protocols and want to move forward, so why can’t they?

I'd laugh, but one of my friends is actually writing a pre-doc grant for ethanol research. And let me say, human research is so much easier. And research that doesn't involve controlled substances.

But I do know of a lab where a bunch of cocaine, oops, went missing.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I'd laugh, but one of my friends is actually writing a pre-doc grant for ethanol research. And let me say, human research is so much easier. And research that doesn't involve controlled substances.

But I do know of a lab where a bunch of cocaine, oops, went missing.

For the next couple of cycles, don't forget to have PA add some religious angle, the government is a big fan you know. ;)

so i'm finally home for thanksgiving break and i take my laptop out of my case and start it up. Note: i never turn my computer off at school.

So anyway, it takes absolutely forever to start up, i'm talking 10-15 minutes, and then an error message comes and says "a file, 'setup.exe' is missing or damaged, please put in the CD to boot up your computer" or something like that. Of course, i don't have the CD, it's at my desk at school. So i start to get worried and just shut it down and start it back up again, same thing happens. I start to get more worried, but try one more time.......it takes 15 minutes to load up, but finally works.

....computers are weird.