Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Well done on getting one of the correct spellings of that one.

Céilí is the other Celt-certified correct spelling.  And it also happens to be my daughter's name.  :cheers

Though it means dance or party, as you well know, it is believed to be originally derived from the Latin word for heaven.

Whether a room full of Celts in Kilts qualifies as heaven, I'll leave you to be the judge of.  :D

Lol, well, at least I did learn something from my term in Scotland. :) And I can even say it properly. I'd never thought of it as a name--but that's a really unique and pretty name (and I'm all for unique names).

And, on an unrelated, but equally heavenly front, I got my ipod yesterday, added my songs this morning, and it's awesome! Makes me rethink my aversion to all apple products.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
What kind of fool would be carrying $453,000 without at least a sidearm?

Guns are illegal in Mexico without a lengthy permit. There was an American Pastor from Alaska a couple years ago that crossed in a popular tourist area near me. Once across he realized he had his .22 rifle with him and immediately went to the Mexico officials and asked what to do. He spent 6 months in jail until his court date. That's being tough on crime.

All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed- casualties of a war they had nothing to do with... ...All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia-this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

Think there are any contractors up there?

Sleepy died on Thanksgiving so we went out to get a new hammy yesterday. I explicitly did not want a hamster from the pet store around the corner, but we went in to get the cage as it was on sale. While in there we were visiting with the tub of hamsters they had up front. I was playing with one of them when I noticed mite bites on a couple others so I put him back. While looking at them and watching them watch me, I noticed something in the corner. I thought it was a dead hamster. When got the attention of an employee, Brain watched them remove "it." Turns out it wasn't a complete hamster. . .just the torso. :puke

I was disgusted and furious. I will NEVER buy a hamster from that particular pet store again.

Oh, I ended up buying a black bear hamster, Peanut, from 104th and Kedzie.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
the water separates from the mustard.

oh that explains everything..

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
How do you keep your Ketchup?  We have ours in a big plastic bottle in the fridge, but I hate that cold stuff compared to the room temperature Ketchup in glass bottles in restaurants.

I keep mine in a big plastic bottle also.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Whoa, a shoutout to Valparaiso in the new Orville Redenbackers commercial! f*** Yeah!

I feel so damn old telling you that commercial is a couple decades old.