White Sox Trade Material

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 06:03 AM)
2002: Ray for Adkins and $

2002: Lofton for Diaz and Meaux

2003: Mark Johnson, Keith Foulke, Joe Valentine for Billy Koch and Neal Cotts

oops my bad and thanks for the correction.

damn it hard to remember all the bone head trades that kw has done.

however he has done well this offseason.

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
oops my bad and thanks for the correction.

damn it hard to remember all the bone head trades that kw has done.

however he has done well this offseason.

And he's needed to. His job would have been on the line without some success this season, at least things seem to have gone our way this off-season compared to the market and other team's moves.

however, he has done well in signing of the fa's. however in the trade front, i still think that i didn't like the clee trade. i still think we got the wrong end of the value.

but i can live with what he has done b/c he supported the trade with some decent signings.

i don't know, you should asked some of these posters who said that it was a good trade, they even argued with me on this point.

i hated this trade. the second worst trade that kw made. the first being royce clayton trade and the todd ritchie being a tie.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
I was hoping they'd deal Konerko this offseason.  He chews up more than 10% of our payroll and several teams would probably be interested.  Coming off best offensive year yet.  I think Gload is Major League ready.

While I like Paul and think he's going to be a big part of our team in 2005 and future years if we have him, I think that the Sox could have acquired some good talent in a trade for him. Is he really going to have a season like the one he had in 2004 again? I highly doubt it, and like you mentioned, he's making a good chunk of money. IMO, that money could be better spent on pitching.

And as far as Willie Harris goes, I don't see how someone could think he has 0 trade value. He's a slick fielding speedster who hit .260 in his first full season. Granted, .260 isn't all that great, but when you add in his youth, defensive prowess and speed (50 SB potential), I'd say he's got plenty of trade value. Not as a main guy in a trade, but in addition to a guy like Konerko or someone, I think the Sox could get something good in return.

IMO Willie Harris is one of the best defensive secondbasemen in the game today and he will eventually, like Cora, come around offensively and put up a really solid year. The only problem is that it's no secret that the managment doesn't like his attitude so we wouldn't get anything for him.

Where did you hear that management doesn't like his attitude? I thought KW was fond of Willie? (OK, that could be taken a couple of ways, but you know what I mean :P)

If management didn't like Harris, I don't think he would have had over 400 AB last season. Maybe my thinking is flawed. :huh

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Yeah, really.  WTF are you talking about Soxfest?  He hit .262 and walked over 50 times in just over 400 at bats. 

To me, that's hardly "guy cannot get on base at all". :huh

Some people have a set opinion about willie and soxfest seems to be one of them.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
Some people have a set opinion about willie and soxfest seems to be one of them.

I suppose, but don't make comments like "the guy cannot get on base" when his OBP was 4th on the team (of players who played nearly a full season). Comments with 0 basis in factuality loses any credibility your argument may have.