Possible 2nd base choice

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Jayson Stark was on ESPN radio on friday and mention that Seattle wants to trade Brett Boone to save money...

My hope  is the Whitesox would be intersted in trying to get him..

That would be alright depending on what we have to give up for him. Boone is a great IFer, pretty good power hitter, and can drive in alot of runs... His BA was pretty low last year though...

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
so tell me what you think is "way to expensive" means???

miller sign a contract of 1 yr and 1.5 mil a yr.

I swear i did not quote anything. I must have though. When i said that i was not gonna suppose to quote anyone. But why we are on that, defending world champions or the white sox?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
I swear i did not quote anything. I must have though. When i said that i was not gonna suppose to quote anyone.  But why we are on that, defending world champions or the white sox?

hey that was a nice counter when you asked about it be expensive, i was just referring to why is it in this thread as suppose to the rumors one where i mention it.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
I think there are about 32 teams who would sign Miller with that deal. What's your point? He chose Boston, case closed.

my point is were we even in the running for miller, i never heard a word of kw pursuing him and i think he should have. as you said miller is worth the money invested.

that is my point and i do know that boston sign him.

read the other post where the other guy mention signing miller was way too expensive. now do you understand what i am saying?

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
my point is were we even in the running for miller, i never heard a word of kw pursuing him and i think he should have. as you said miller is worth the money invested.

read the other post where the other guy mention signing miller was way too expensive. now do you understand what i am saying?

KW almost traded Carlos Lee for Wade Miller. Instead it's ended up being Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, A.J Pierzynski and Orlando Hernandez for El Caballo.

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)

When i said he was too expensive i was referring to durham. Like i said, i was not suppose to quote your post.

Boone vs Sabathia, Westbrook: 652, 915

Boone vs Maroth, Johnson : 1400, 476

Boone vs Santana, Radke : 856, 659

So he can help us win vs 3/6 top ALC pitchers for 6M/yr. No thank you.

I'd rather take my chances with Rollins, Polanco, or Castillo who haven't really faced the top 6 but all of whom have hit Milwood better than average.

I found some more stuff on Hinton, and I'm hopeful he may be able to make an impact at some point. He could project as a Gload type player. He was a college player, so it's not like he's been slogging it out in A ball for 6 years. He played at Santa Clara, and was a star at Desert Vista High School in Phoenix, which has one of the top baseball programs in the country (in fact they were ranked in the top 20 nationally by USA Today when he was on the team). Here's what brewerfan.net has to say about him:

Travis Hinton

13th rounder Travis Hinton enjoyed a break-out season in 2004, playing at hitter-friendly High Desert of the California League. He batted .302 with 22 home runs, 36 doubles and 88 RBIs in 536 at-bats. Hinton garnered more honors by being named the Topps player of the month in the California League for the month of June, he won the home run derby at the league's annual All-Star game played against the all-stars from the high-A Carolina League at midseason, and was also named the game's MVP.

Hinton was drafted for his power. Before 2004 he had logged 876 at-bats between a season at Ogden in the Pioneer League and two stops with the Beloit Snappers. In that time he slugged 20 home runs and 73 extra base hits in total, a tribute to his power potential. Given High Desert's ballpark factors, Hinton will need to prove next year that his improved home run totals were not a fluke, as he will likely start play most of all of next season with AA Huntsville in the Southern League, a league that favors pitchers.

2004 also marked Hinton's first full season at first base. While he committed 19 errors in 131 games, most people don't seem to think his defense will be an issue as he continues to learn the position. Hinton may prove to be a solid left-handed bat off the bench that could fill in a corner outfield spot or at first base when needed. Let's face it, the presence of Prince Fielder isn't going to allow anyone else to play 1B at the big league level.