• Tadahito Iguchi
    • Barry Larkin
    • Alex Cora
    • Alfonso Soriano

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
nowone... i think we should call it a day... save money for a midseason trade....

I'm with ya on that one. We've done plenty this offseason to make the team better. Now lets go about the business of getting all these new faces integrated and winning some ball games.

This Mid-season trade crap is retarded, why don't we just make our team good enough so that we don't need to trade the farm to get into the playoffs? That should be our goal, not to wait for the deadline to make our team a winner.

I voted for Soriano, but I don't want any of them, i want to keep developing Willie.

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Alex Cora...  it is between him and Iguchi and I think KW will not fork over the dough to get Iguchi.  Plus his brother is our third base coach.

Lets just hope everyone of these players is willing to work for chocolate coins cause that's all they're gonna get from Kenny and Dorf.. :headshake

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Lets just hope everyone of these players is willing to work for chocolate coins cause that's all they're gonna get from Kenny and Dorf.. :headshake

Yeah youre right about that.

Since the poll had no option for "no one" i had to go with Cora for the reasons i gave earlier.

Why is Soriano on the list? If we have any reasonable chance to get him & sign him to a mutli-year deal then we should do just that. You would have to be a fool to pass up that opportunity. He's w/out question the best player on that list & his potential at the Cell is unimaginable.

QUOTE(traydragen @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Damnit soo is there any chance we get Castillo bc i dont feel like reading the 6 or 7 page thread on it just to be let down.  Is it just speculation because the Marlins said they would be interested in trading him or is there really "talks" going on here.

I wouldn't hold your breath in expecting him to play for the pale hose. It's just speculation.

the best fit would be castillo, but the problem is we have to give to get with him. so i said iguchi, because we wouldn't have to give up talent for him. if he performs like he should, (stolen base champ in japan) then 2.25 or whatever would be underpaying for what we get. not saying he'll be the champ here, but if comes close to his old numbers, that would be huge for this team.