Fockers Still #1, White Noise Loud

Yoda

meetthefockers_finalposter.jpg

1.) Meet the Fockers $28,463,000

2.) White Noise $24,046,000

3.) The Aviator $7,630,000

4.) Lemony Snicket's... $7,400,000

5.) Fat Albert $6,000,000

For the first time in nearly five years, Universal Pictures claimed the top two films at the North American box office as the smash comedy Meet the Fockers held onto the number one spot for the third straight frame and the new suspense thriller White Noise debuted in second with a stronger than expected turnout. Together, the one-two punch accounted for more than half of all ticket sales in the marketplace and drove the box office to a higher level than usually seen at this time of year.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
How good is Meet the Fockers?  I haven't seen it yet?

Meet the Fockers

Oooh, the last name of these characters sounds ever-so like a terribly naughty word! Re-live the experience of hearing that half-joke 430 times in Meet the Parents many more times in this sequel - now with more Streisand!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Did Ocean's 12 ever break the top 5?  I figured it would still be up there.  Guess I am somewhat surprised.

6.) Ocean's Twelve $5,400,000

Total Gross: $115,402,000

Not too bad if you ask me.

i thought oceans 12 was pretty cool... i normally dont like run of the mill star studed action packed flicks, but this one i thought was at least worth a watch.... nothing id watch again, nothing id buy, nothing id put on a top films list... but for a light hearted good time temperary 90 minute distraction... sure it was cool.

i think i wanna see white noise just to see how s***ty it really is =D heh

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 05:21 AM)
Every freakin' movie makes money these days, cuz the movie theater is the new church. Some people NEED to go every single weekend and see whatever trash Hollywood spills on them.

poor consumerism laden uncle sam cock sucking tabloit buyin star studded retards... im not bitter about the current state of mainstream conciousness, not one bit.

is art dead? nope... but its hangin on by a thread.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
i thought oceans 12 was pretty cool... i normally dont like run of the mill star studed action packed flicks, but this one i thought was at least worth a watch.... nothing id watch again, nothing id buy, nothing id put on a top films list... but for a light hearted good time temperary 90 minute distraction... sure it was cool.

i think i wanna see white noise just to see how s***ty it really is =D heh

Wait, the movie was action packed? I wish someone would have woken me up for that part.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Every freakin' movie makes money these days, cuz the movie theater is the new church. Some people NEED to go every single weekend and see whatever trash Hollywood spills on them.

Exactly why it's been an age since I went to the theater - so many of the movies out are trash.