Ignore Feature

Texsox

Are you using the new Ignore Feature?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using the new Ignore Feature?

• Yes, and love it
    • Yes, and not certain
    • No, but leaving my options open
    • No, and never will
    • I didn't see this because I am ignoring Texsox :)

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
IMO, Moderators shouldn’t even ignore a user. What if that person you ignored is causing some sort of trouble? You wouldn’t even know about it!  :bang

We have discussed this at length and decided as long as we all know who is ignoring who we will be ok. Plus problem posts are usually quoted. We will reverse if it is a problem.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
On principle alone I will avoid ever using the ignore feature.  If all persons are created equal in terms of their right to speak & be heard then I should not discriminately choose to ignore one over the other.

However; I do see merit on a temporary basis when a discussion gets out of control.

:headshake

To my understanding, everyone register at soxtalk has the right to post. I still don't understand how being on someone's ignore list is considered to be violating your right to post. If you don't want to be on one's ignore list, don't be an asshole, post dumb s***, or just be plain obnoxious. Well at least those are my standards.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Go to "My Controls" and one of the options is to manage your ignore list. You will not automatically see any posts by the people you add. It will show they posted and give you an option to read that post. You will see any of their posts that are quoted by others.

Hmm..I think I'll put the top 30 posters on my ignore list so that more likey then not I'll just see my posts..cause that's really all that matters... :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
:fight  :bringit It is in your control panel.

Someone f***ed with this poll. LOL! Seriously though, I dont feel the need to ignore anyone on here. It's a freeking website for chrissakes. If you get that stirred up by what someone writes here that you cant bear to even stumble across one of their posts then I'd hate to see how you deal with real life.

looks like I am the only one who voted yes, and not certain..

I love the ignore feature so I can ignore all the ass clowns I dont like on this board, but even when they are ignored it still tells me they are on the site and when they post it shows they posted and just says "you have chose to ignore this user"

Why cant it just make them gone so I dont have to see anything? Thats the only problem I got with this thing..

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Someone f***ed with this poll.  LOL!  Seriously though, I dont feel the need to ignore anyone on here.  It's a freeking website for chrissakes.  If you get that stirred up by what someone writes here that you cant bear to even stumble across one of their posts then I'd hate to see how you deal with real life.

I deal with real life the same way. If there's a group of friends and one of them is a raging f***head, I ignore the f***head. Nice thing here is that I don't even have to see or hear what the f***head says. I'd be just fine without the ignore feature ( in fact, I WAS just fine without a couple weeks ago ), but I find that it enhances my time here. Addition by subtraction and all that.

Sometimes the Interweb is better than real life... :D

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
looks like I am the only one who voted yes, and not certain..

I love the ignore feature so I can ignore all the ass clowns I dont like on this board, but even when they are ignored it still tells me they are on the site and when they post it shows they posted and just says "you have chose to ignore this user"

Why cant it just make them gone so I dont have to see anything? Thats the only problem I got with this thing..

After a while those users just fade into the woodwork and ytou don't "see" the posts, kind of like you don't see come of the posting help above the entry box.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
Jesus a lot of people hate Tex.

I mean can you blame them?

In all seriousness, I love the idea of this feature. That way if someone is really annoying, a person can't complain anymore. They have the option of taking matters into their own hands.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
I think this is a good feature but for some reason I can never get anyone to respond to me around here..... :banghead  :bang I love you guys.....ahhhh screw you guys!! :D

:lolhitting here's a response for you :finger