Farenheit

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
I am not 100% disagreeing with you on the politics but I believe it was secondary to artistic and career matters.

You don't think he wanted to sell tickets to his movie?  I think it had everything to do with his career as a film maker and making gobs of money.  The storm of controversy, the notoriety, the selling of tickets allows his next film to be produced.

Do you disagree if he was a Right Wing Nut he would have made something about the Swift Boat vets? I think his professional drive would stay the same, his style would stay the same, just the material would change.

OK ... Marketing had something to do with it. I give you that. As for your other question, if he was a RWN ... Yes, he probably would have twisted and misrepresented that point of view as well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
OK ... Marketing had something to do with it.  I give you that.  As for your other question, if he was a RWN ... Yes, he probably would have twisted and misrepresented that point of view as well.

And then maybe Kerry would have won. I do think Moore cost Kerry votes, not gained any. The GOP did an excellent job of deflecting and then turning around those attacks. I cannot think of a bad misstep that W and his campaign made.

Compare the GOP deflecting Moore vs. the Kerry campaign dealing with the Swift Boat vets and many a political science paper will be written. At the core is profit margin. The swift boat guys had millionaires lined up to spend millions on ads, tours, etc. Moore had millionaires lined up to make millions. Americans don't like profit in opinion.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
And then maybe Kerry would have won. I do think Moore cost Kerry votes, not gained any. The GOP did an excellent job of deflecting and then turning around those attacks. I cannot think of a bad misstep that W and his campaign made.

Compare the GOP deflecting Moore vs. the Kerry campaign dealing with the Swift Boat vets and many a political science paper will be written. At the core is profit margin. The swift boat guys had millionaires lined up to spend millions on ads, tours, etc. Moore had millionaires lined up to make millions. Americans don't like profit in opinion.

My point is that he tried to mislead the public and affect the election with bulls***. Whether he accomplished or not is moot. Michael Moore is lower than shark s***, imho.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
My point is that he tried to mislead the public and affect the election with bulls***.  Whether he accomplished or not is moot.  Michael Moore is lower than shark s***, imho.

I can't say I disagree with that assessment. If I was in charge of politics, I'd toss him out in the first purge.

But Moore is a different animal than his film. There are actors and athletes whose personal life and ethics are different than mine. However, it doesn't prevent me from seeing their work and appreciating it, even paying to see it. Seinfeld is still funny even though Jerry tossed aside his wife for the babysitter. Annie Hall is still brilliant even though Woody Allen and Diane Keaton are a couple of nut jobs. Best example, is Jackson's performances any less deserving of their Grammy Awards?

A lot more than Moore is in that film. I'll bet a GOPer or two snuck in.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I can't say I disagree with that assessment.  If I was in charge of politics, I'd toss him out in the first purge.

But Moore is a different animal than his film. There are actors and athletes whose personal life and ethics are different than mine. However, it doesn't prevent me from seeing their work and appreciating it, even paying to see it.  Seinfeld is still funny even though Jerry tossed aside his wife for the babysitter.  Annie Hall is still brilliant even though Woody Allen and Diane Keaton are a couple of nut jobs. Best example, is Jackson's performances any less deserving of their Grammy Awards?

A lot more than Moore is in that film. I'll bet a GOPer or two snuck in.

If you choose to finance Moore's next piece of garbage, then so be it. He won't get a dime from me.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Gimme a freaking break.  On the viewers choice yesterday they gave Farnheit 9/11 film of the year.  Not documentary of the year, film of the year.  I can't freaking believe that drivel got film of the year. 

I know the left side will disagree with me, but its a given that his documentaries are filled with erroneous bulls***.  Maybe its just me and my hatred for CBS, but since it aired on CBS I wonder if they had any say in this at all.

I guess it had to be the fact that Hollywood tends to be more left, but I can't possibly believe that the people (I don't know how the voting process works) would of picked this as film of the year. 

I mean, was it better then Ray??? where Jamie Foxx did a flipping outstanding job.

they shut out :wub: jennifer garner :wub: in the voting. need i say more... :lol:

Edited by Goldmember

Let's compare 1994 to 2004.

Forrest Gump

Shawshank Redemption

Pulp Fiction

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Clerks

Interview with the Vampire

The Professional

Dumb And Dumber

The Client

Natural Born Killers

Killing Zoe

The Ref

PCU

The Crow

Speed

Little Big League

Blown Away

Ed Wood

Nothing

What happened? :crying

Honestly though, I need to know what the difference is. It can't simply be chalked up to an unbelievably retarded teenage generation's demands.

Of course, if you're in your teens and you're reading this, consider whether or not the shoe fits.