Our offense is rolling

witesoxfan

You may laugh at me....but I personally believe our offense got rolling tonight.

It's kind of hard to believe it....because we only scored 5 runs....but with the cold weather....the balls weren't jumping off the bat like they do when it gets warmer. The air was so thick that it kept atleast 2 in the park(I'm thinking the first ball Thomas hit to RF and Olivo hit one off the top of the wall as well). You add those two, and it is like 7-2 or 8-2....maybe even more. Of course....the thick air helped Jimenez get a triple.

Given....this was against the worst team in the league....but it's still steps in the right direction. And the Twinkies lost as well....sweet s***. They face a real team....and get creamed.

4 games into the year....Kansas City is in first place. Ho--ly s***. Who in the hell would have thunk that at any time during the year we'd be chasing KC? :huh:

Anyways....I fully expect to get rolling soon....everyone except CLee and Konerko. CLee has to hit to get a hit and not hit to get a homer as much anymore(because he's killing himself time and time again), and Konerko isn't hitting worth a damn period. And it is nice to see Thomas going to opposite field as well.

And there is still 158 games left. We're gonna see some crazy s*** this year.

Konerkos gone 2-4 today. One was an infield single but its still something. I said from day one that our offense would do fine and with seven runs today I think I may have been right...

"Konerko" and "infield single" aren't usually things heard in the same sentence. :lol:

A win is a win is a win. We'll take them any way that we can get them. It is good to see the offense really start to come alive for once this year especially after that opening day corpseball fiasco.

We have a pretty monster lineup. It's only 5 games into the season too, so our offense is just getting started. As the games progress, the Sox will be kicking ass and taking names.

Guest hotsoxchick1
i thought someone said josh stewart was starting tomorrow, with colon pitching in cleveland?

yes josh on sunday here at home and bartman on monday at the jake...... bart had better look more alive than he did in kc ......

with our power we are gonna have alot of big output games...weh we catch a pitcher tired or just not on his game we are gonna light him up

the key will be how we do in one run games when we score 4 runs or laess...we are horrible in that stat last year..on august first i believe we had won only 2 games with 4 runs or less..compared to about 15 for minnesota...that was the difference in the division...the ley to this season..can we manufacure that one run to get us a victory when its 2-2 in the 8th???

as for detroit..i think the mets of 62 might have some competiton..i didt think it was possible for detroit to get worse then they were last year..they proved me wrong...50 wins will be an accomplishment for this team

it seems like 1 player a day is breaking out of there slump so tommorow it is carlos lees turn.

Well, C-Lee will have to wait until Monday, because I read that he's going to be sitting out Sunday's game vs. Detroit. Paul Konerko is also going to get an off-day Sunday, and the article said that Brian Daubach will get a start.

I would guess that the lineup would look something like this...

Rios, Rowand, Ordonez in the OF

Crede, Valentin, Jimenez, Frank in the IF

Olivo and Stewart as the battery

and probably Daubach at DH

That said, my prediction for a big game Sunday is Magglio. He's overdue

it seems like 1 player a day is breaking out of there slump so tommorow it is carlos lees turn.

Well, C-Lee will have to wait until Monday, because I read that he's going to be sitting out Sunday's game vs. Detroit. Paul Konerko is also going to get an off-day Sunday, and the article said that Brian Daubach will get a start.

I would guess that the lineup would look something like this...

Rios, Rowand, Ordonez in the OF

Crede, Valentin, Jimenez, Frank in the IF

Olivo and Stewart as the battery

and probably Daubach at DH

That said, my prediction for a big game Sunday is Magglio. He's overdue

Damn clujer....you were right. Maggs did have a pretty big game.

Hey....I was right. We won 7-0 yesterday and 10-2 today....I love being right.