Anyone grown their own?

Texsox

Do you grow/raise any of your own food?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you grow/raise any of your own food?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not food

I was just sitting here enjoying some fresh squeezed OJ from my tree and thinking about the whole earth bounty, back to nature movement that fizzled out. I still grow some citrus and herbs, but no more vegetables. I'm thinking about digging up some area and getting started.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I was just sitting here enjoying some fresh squeezed OJ from my tree and thinking about the whole earth bounty, back to nature movement that fizzled out. I still grow some citrus and herbs, but no more vegetables. I'm thinking about digging up some area and getting started.

No. I don't. But my father plants a huge garden every year, so I get all kinds of fresh veggies.

We used to. Corn, hot peppers, green peppers, eggplant, tomotoes, onions, you name it. We had a bunch of apple trees too, but I've since let them go and only have one left that will probably go for firewood next year. Does that count as "earth's bounty?"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
We do buy a 1/4 cow every year now from a local butcher/friend of the family.  The taste of unprocessed beef is sooooo much better than the crap you get at the supermarket.

unprocessed? how?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Yep, I've grown my own before.  This was back when I was going into my junior year of high school, IIRC. 

I gotta tell you though, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.  I thought that I was gonna catch a buzz, but it turned out to be nothing but a headache.

When I saw the thread title, that is exactly what I was thinking... I was wondering who would be the first to say it :lolhitting

I actually just met this dude at my New years party that grows his own. He wanted to take the Cabo Wabo bottle when we were done cause he said it was a good bottle to grow it in. I was like whatever dude...it's all yours.

Oh and by the way...I still hate tequilla...My friends assured me I would like cabo wabo even though I hate tequilla...they were WAY wrong...tequilla is tequilla...and it doesn't like me. :puke