U.S. ends search for WMD

KipWellsFan

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
America would be up in arms if Canada got invaded.  At least, that's the way I feel.  But then, the more tell us about Canadiens feel about the US, the less I like you guys.

Definately. After hearing this kind of stuff, I don't want to go back again. I loved Toronto, Niagra, and Windsor, but if Canadians have that much hate for us, I sure don't give them my money.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Of developed nations, Canada has one of the smallest standing militaries and spends the least for national defense. Why is that?

Because we actually care about putting money into the right places such as healthcare and education.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Definately.  After hearing this kind of stuff, I don't want to go back again.  I loved Toronto, Niagra, and Windsor, but if Canadians have that much hate for us, I sure don't give them my money.

Okay many Canadians hate America but I hope you're not saying I do. Because I love America but I just think it's f***ed up in many ways.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Hey World! We don't give a s*** now.  Canada is fair game. 

This was just to make a point. If you HAD to spend more on defense, you wouldn't consider those other things the right things. National security would be the priority if necessary. It's not necessay because the world knows we would not stand for it.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Okay many Canadians hate America but I hope you're not saying I do.  Because I love America but I just think it's f***ed up in many ways.

I have no idea what you think honestly. But after reading stuff about Canada's attitude towards the US, I sure am adverse to supporting the economy of them. Why would I give money to someone who hates me? No thanks. I'll keep my tourist dollars here in the US. There is plenty to see and do here.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
This was just to make a point.  If you HAD to spend more on defense, you wouldn't consider those other things the right things.  National security would be the priority if necessary.  It's not necessay because the world knows we would not stand for it.

We don't f*** with them, they don't f*** with us. Other countries have no reason to screw with us as we keep our noses out of their business unless completely necessary. Unlike your current administration who marched into Iraq with reckless abandon.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I have no idea what you think honestly.  But after reading stuff about Canada's attitude towards the US, I sure am adverse to supporting the economy of them.  Why would I give money to someone who hates me?  No thanks.  I'll keep my tourist dollars here in the US.  There is plenty to see and do here.

Exactly. The French discovered that pissing off Americans can have a financial effect. French? Hmmmm. Do I detect a common thread here?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I have no idea what you think honestly.  But after reading stuff about Canada's attitude towards the US, I sure am adverse to supporting the economy of them.  Why would I give money to someone who hates me?  No thanks.  I'll keep my tourist dollars here in the US.  There is plenty to see and do here.

There's a difference between hating a country and hating its government and policies.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
We don't f*** with them, they don't f*** with us.  Other countries have no reason to screw with us as we keep our noses out of their business unless completely necessary.  Unlike your current administration who marched into Iraq with reckless abandon.

Oh come on. Hell if wasn't for the location of the state of Alaska, you'd be speaking Russian now.

Another thing thats always interesting is everyone hates America so much but yet when something bad happens who is one of the first contries they run and cry to?? Then when they get helped all they do is b**** and cry about how back America and its people are. If I had my way I would let the world figure out their own damn problems and let America work on its problems and see how that works out....

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Another thing thats always interesting is everyone hates America so much but yet when something bad happens who is one of the first contries they run and cry to?? Then when they get helped all they do is b**** and cry about how back America and its people are. If I had my way I would let the world figure out their own damn problems and let America work on its problems and see how that works out....

We tried isolationism .... in between WWI and WWII ... and we still had to bail 'em out.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)

Then what the hell are you guys doing in Iraq. f***... let them deal with the dictator on their own.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
There's a difference between hating a country and hating its government and policies.

Sure there is. The people like tourists enough to take their money. There is a little more incentive for them to like people vs the government. It makes it a little more pallatable.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
:D  :P

You don't think so? If it wasn't for "Seward's Folly" Alaska would have been part of the USSR during the cold war. They were expansionists. You figured out where they would have expanded to. No wait ... your national health care policy would have been deterrent enough.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
You don't think so?  If it wasn't for "Seward's Folly" Alaska would have been part of the USSR during the cold war.  They were expansionists.  You figured out where they would have expanded to.  No wait ... your national health care policy would have been deterrent enough.

Well the entire world was close to being communist but that was 50 years ago, and as cold blooded as Putin is I don't think he's looking to expand into Canada.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Well the entire world was close to being communist but that was 50 years ago, and as cold blooded as Putin is I don't think he's looking to expand into Canada.

I'm not talking about now. In 1965 your parents would have learned how to goose step.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Of course it was bulls***...Dubya needed an excuse to go finish what his old man didn't have the balls to do in the 1st place....

Yeah. You know what happened in 91. :rolly

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
You don't think so?  If it wasn't for "Seward's Folly" Alaska would have been part of the USSR during the cold war.  They were expansionists.  You figured out where they would have expanded to.  No wait ... your national health care policy would have been deterrent enough.

Which the irony of that is, their entire health system would collapse if it wasn't for American consumers paying higher drug prices so that the rest of the world doesn't have to pay as much for them. American consumers are paying literally subsidizing the R&D and drug prices for the entire world.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
I agree with you totally on this one.  We had an open road to Baghdad, solid international backing and about 3 times the troop strength in theater that we have now.  I was 13 years old at the time and was watching General Powell doing his little briefing on CNN showing on the map where our forces were and that there was nothing in front of us and thought to myself....."So what's the holdup?  Finish it."

The "holdup" was the UN and the people around Bush 41. The UN only wanted to get Saddam out of Kuwait. The Bushies thought it would be political suicide to stand up to the UN and "go it alone." He decided to stick with the UN. The future told it was the incorrect decision, and IMO, helped him lose the election in '92.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Which the irony of that is, their entire health system would collapse if it wasn't for American consumers paying higher drug prices so that the rest of the world doesn't have to pay as much for them.  American consumers are paying literally subsidizing the R&D and drug prices for the entire world.

You know what? I'm getting out of here. I'm getting too pissed. I get tired of mother f***ers bad mouthing the USof A while their country is benefitting just due to our mere presence ... or in the case of the uupity bastards in France, it irregardless of the fact that they'd be goose stepping to a different drummer than Canada would.