U.S. ends search for WMD

KipWellsFan

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
I'm not talking about now.  In 1965 your parents would have learned how to goose step.

Sure the US has helped us in the past and such but today is a new day. It's time to move on and be more progressive. And progressive isn't having a defense budget of over a trillion dollars.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Which the irony of that is, their entire health system would collapse if it wasn't for American consumers paying higher drug prices so that the rest of the world doesn't have to pay as much for them.  American consumers are paying literally subsidizing the R&D and drug prices for the entire world.

Well I don't know anything about that but I know Canada would be it complete ruins without the United States.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
You know what?  I'm getting out of here.  I'm getting too pissed.  I get tired of mother f***ers bad mouthing the USof A while their country is benefitting just due to our mere presence ... or in the case of the uupity bastards in France, it irregardless of the fact that they'd be goose stepping to a different drummer than Canada would.

Easy YAS :) Go take a lap.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Sure the US has helped us in the past and such but today is a new day.  It's time to move on and be more progressive.  And progressive isn't having a defense budget of over a trillion dollars.

The defense budget isn't anywhere near a trillion dollars :huh:

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Another thing thats always interesting is everyone hates America so much but yet when something bad happens who is one of the first contries they run and cry to?? Then when they get helped all they do is b**** and cry about how back America and its people are. If I had my way I would let the world figure out their own damn problems and let America work on its problems and see how that works out....

Amen. A - Freakin' - men! :notworthy

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)

Okay I got my facts wrong but as of 2003 the United States defense budget is 11 times as big as the next largest, Great Britain and I'm certain in the last two years this budget has risen.

Although I also remember reading recently that they wanted to make budget cuts?

http://www.clw.org/milspend/ushighestbudget.html

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0401/S00066.htm

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)

Regardless of what the defense budget is, Canada is STILL benefitting from the security umbrella we provide. China is still very communist, and by definition very expansionist. They also happen to have the world's largest army.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Regardless of what the defense budget is, Canada is STILL benefitting from the security umbrella we provide.  China is still very communist, and by definition very expansionist.  They also happen to have the world's largest army.

Yas haven't we already agreed that Canadians don't bother to worry about being invaded or terrorized and you guys do. Can't we just leave it at that.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Okay I got my facts wrong but as of 2003 the United States defense budget is 11 times as big as the next largest, Great Britain and I'm certain in the last two years this budget has risen. 

Although I also remember reading recently that they wanted to make budget cuts?

http://www.clw.org/milspend/ushighestbudget.html

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0401/S00066.htm

Any guesses as to why that is? Shouldn't be that difficult.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Yas haven't we already agreed that Canadians don't bother to worry about being invaded or terrorized and you guys do.  Can't we just leave it at that.

Sure. As long as you acknowledge by covering Canada with our security umbrella, it enables you to spend spend your money on your progressive agenda and not spend evil defense dollars. And that you don't get all high and mighty because we spend on defense and not on progressive entitlements.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Sure. As long as you acknowledge by covering Canada with our security umbrella, it enables you to spend spend your money on your progressive agenda and not spend evil defense dollars.  And that you don't get all high and mighty because we spend on defense and not on progressive entitlements.

Well I don't and won't believe that.

And if being high and mighty is believing what your country is doing is right as compared to another country then so be it.

Edited by KipWellsFan

I would like to acknowledge that having a country like Canada sharing such a long border, has been nice and helped both countries. Imagine a cold war with Russia pointing warheads from Windsor instead of Canadian Gentleman's Clubs.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Well I don't and won't believe that. 

And if being high and mighty is believing what your country is doing is right as compared to another country then so be it.

Whatever. So be it. But, mark my words. You come in here bad mouthing the USA when we are carrying you asses, I'll be all over yours. Every time it happens. :usa

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Whatever.  So be it.  But, mark my words.  You come in here bad mouthing the USA when we are carrying you asses, I'll be all over yours.  Every time it happens. :usa

Don't worry I'll never badmouth the USA, just the yoyos running it and the zombies that follow them.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Don't worry I'll never badmouth the USA, just the yoyos running it and the zombies that follow them.

That's badmouthing right there. You're calling me a zombie.

Yes, this has lots to do with Indonesia - That's part of foreign policy. Helping out in a time of need anywhere in the world. We give more federal dollars and private dollars than anyone! It's a biproduct of our type of government that you despise so much.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
That, my fellow North American, I can live with.  Carry on.

Did you notice whenever Canda comes up in a debate at some point it's just

ok, whatever, it's just Canada. There is no fire to keep up the debate. I think we've been ignoring them ever since beaver fur went out of style.

I kid, 'cause I care®

Used by permission

Edited by Texsox