Weird Quirks?

Soxy

So, I thought it might be interesting to have an odd quirks thread--like what do you do that's a little bit eccentric?

Here's a few of my picadillos:

I have to set my alarm clock for paladromes (or if not possible, odd numbers)

My food cannot touch other foods on my plate or I will not eat it

I will listen to the same cd for days without changing it

:melt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a terrible car passenger --- I have an overwhelming cumpulsion to open the door while the car is moving. I have to always keep the door locked, and if it's one of those that will open anyways, remind myself not to pull too hard on the lever. -- I'm fine when I'm driving though, I guess it's a control issue

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
So, I thought it might be interesting to have an odd quirks thread--like what do you do that's a little bit eccentric?

Here's a few of my picadillos:

I have to set my alarm clock for paladromes (or if not possible, odd numbers)

My food cannot touch other foods on my plate or I will not eat it

I will listen to the same cd for days without changing it

:melt

uhh, i dont like fat chicks does that count? im also very drunk right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
I'm pretty sure he's a UofI student -- They had a home BBall game tonight(well last night now)  Sobriety is probably hard to find in C/U tonight.

how right you are. but im not durnk cuz of that. im mosrtly drunk cuz i start classes nexta week so i have to makel up for the lost drinking tiome!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
I'm a terrible car passenger --- I have an overwhelming cumpulsion to open the door while the car is moving.  I have to always keep the door locked, and if it's one of those that will open anyways, remind myself not to pull too hard on the lever. -- I'm fine when I'm driving though, I guess it's a control issue

Have you ever actually done it and jumped from a moving vehicle? I'm no shrink but maybe your compulsion is based on curiousity and would cure itself if you tried it.

As for alarm clocks, I like to set the clock I use to wake me up about 5 minutes fast. This sounds silly since I know it's fast, but in the early hours of the morning, it sometimes doesn't register when I first glance at the clock. I can't really say I've accomplished much in my extra five minutes per day yet, although I'm thinking about writing a book (very slowly).

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Have you ever actually done it and jumped from a moving vehicle?  I'm no shrink but maybe your compulsion is based on curiousity and would cure itself if you tried it.

As for alarm clocks, I like to set the clock I use to wake me up about 5 minutes fast.  This sounds silly since I know it's fast, but in the early hours of the morning, it sometimes doesn't register when I first glance at the clock.  I can't really say I've accomplished much in my extra five minutes per day yet, although I'm thinking about writing a book (very slowly).

I waive the site of all damages created from Donkey's advice :bang :P

But cheat, if you do get the urge, please film it :D

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
I am severely afraid of vomiting.

That pretty much eliminates you from most drinking games :D

Clock set ahead a few minutes -- check

Alarm set for odd times -- check

I always have to shampoo first in case the water should go out. I figure hair is the hardest thing to wash outside a shower. The water has never been shut off while I was showering.

I always had to make my last basket before quiting, and sink my last putt.

When packing for a trip, I always double check from the ground up, these shoes with these socks with these pants, etc.

Wallet always in this pocket, keys always in this one.

I won't even bore you with my backpack but sufficient to say, everything has a place and in the dark I can immediately find whatever. Took months to get to that state.

CDs alphabetical, books by size.

OMG, Damn you ChiSoxyGirl, I think I need therapy :crying

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
That pretty much eliminates you from most drinking games  :D

Clock set ahead a few minutes -- check

I always had to make my last basket before quiting, and sink my last putt.

Wallet always in this pocket, keys always in this one.

I won't even bore you with my backpack but sufficient to say, everything has a place and in the dark I can immediately find whatever. Took months to get to that state.

CDs alphabetical, books by size.

OMG, Damn you ChiSoxyGirl, I think I need therapy  :crying

I have all of those. I'm very obsessive compulsive with how I do things. I feel that if I don't do things in a certain order, my whole day's going to be out of whack. I always have my alarm clock time set for 15 minutes ahead of the real time, because it makes me feel a little better thinking I woke up at 8:15 on a particular day, rather than 8:00. :D

CDs, DVDs, Board Games - Alphabetical

Books - I have a large collection of Presidential biographies - They are organized by what number of President they were.

Alarm clock time set 5 minutes fast, of course.

I brush my teeth in the shower.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
CDs, DVDs, Board Games - Alphabetical

Books - I have a large collection of Presidential biographies - They are organized by what number of President they were.

Alarm clock time set 5 minutes fast, of course.

[feeling like Kramer]

brush your teeth? I shave, but always brush before the shower. You're showing me something. [/Kramer]

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)

That's so wierd, because I've seen in a lot of toothpaste commercials they show people brushing there teeth in a shower, and I'm like "who brushes their teeth in the shower?"

Theres my answer right there.