University Question

DBAHO

Ok I'm just wondering if anyone had information about these 2 universities. I was originally planning to try and study at the University of Mass. Amherst, but unfortnately I couldn't get my subjects matched up. All of my sudden my Uni has allowed a $4000 grant for anyone to study at these 2 Uni's in 2nd semester of this year.

Now I don't know if I could get my subjects matched up for these Uni's again, but I was wondering if anyone had any information that I could use, and which would be the better University to study Accounting and Finance at?

My sister and her husband attended Clemson. They were 1 and 2 in the English department at graduation. I've visited Clemson before, it has tons and tons of trees, but its a very nice campus in my opinion. In college football, Kansas State is a running joke academically, they let anyone in, even Juco transfers with horrible GPA's and low SAT's. But I'm looking at both colleges on the US News rankings. Here are the results.

US News ranks them into 3 tiers. The higher the better.

Clemson is in tier 1 and the 74th overall college.

K-State is in the 3rd tier, but its cheaper, and there are plenty of pretty good schools in the 3rd tier of the rankings.

About Clemson, http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/d..._3425_brief.php

About KState, http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/d..._1928_brief.php

If you can afford it, Clemson is the better school overall. But I'm not sure about the specific fields you are looking into. Sorry I can't be of more help.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Clemson -- Warm weather, baseball, the south.

Kansas State -- Manhattan (no not that one), ..., ..., uh yeah I can't think of any reason to go there.

Don't forget to add Southern women!

Adding to the baseball suggestion..... There are tons of Minor League teams within a reasonable drive from Clemson and Atlanta is not far either (less than 2 hrs, if I recall correctly).

Actually DBAHO, Clemson is where I went to school :D The campus is fantastic, and improving yearly. They have really put alot of money into making the overall appearance of the campus much better. Also, right beside the campus is "downtown" Clemson, which will give you all of the drinking joints you will need while here. I myself studied Computer Engineering there. The Accounting and Finance colleges, I'm not too up to date on. But even though I'm a huge anti-Clemson person in terms of sports, I'd go back there for the academics anyday.

And if you do, yell at me, I'm right up the road!! :P