Thanks for your help........

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
I'll bet they still want our money and food though....

Of course they do. I'm all for sending help to places that need it even if they are on the U.S. s*** list, but they're just being jags. Why not accept the help and make your country alot better faster? Seems dumb to me. They're worried about foreign military operations? Why, so the countries that are helping can take over their country? They're way too paranoid. So they can all suck my American Ass, I'll gladly take the money back so our country isn't deeper in debt.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Of course they do.  I'm all for sending help to places that need it even if they are on the U.S. s*** list, but they're just being jags.  Why not accept the help and make your country alot better faster?  Seems dumb to me.  They're worried about foreign military operations?  Why, so the countries that are helping can take over their country?  They're way too paranoid.  So they can all suck my American Ass, I'll gladly take the money back so our country isn't deeper in debt.

Sorry, but if we have major disaster I don't want to see armed Chinese military walking down our streets.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Sorry, but if we have major disaster I don't want to see armed Chinese military walking down our streets.

Agreed. Especially if they want to replace our corrupt government with a better one.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)

Probably not a worry. The Chinese have barely lifted a finger to help this region of the world after this tragedy. They are the largest and nearest major industrial country to this disaster, but they have sent zero heavy machinary to help out these people. There monitary contribution was lacking as well, and there has been about no public aid from China. If they won't help their neighbors, I doubt they would help us.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
I doubt they would even be here.  They'd send aide and then the world would somehow say that we did it to ourselves.

That's not the point. Chinese, German, whatever. Of course, the French would be no worry.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
That's not the point.  Chinese, German, whatever.  Of course, the French would be no worry.

I know what your saying, seeing an armed soldier from another country wouldn't be the best but it's just that countries b**** we don't help for enough with anything. So we send help and then were shown the door right away. Then later on when they're still rebuilding we'll somehow get blamed for not staying in the country long enough.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
I know what your saying, seeing an armed soldier from another country wouldn't be the best but it's just that countries b**** we don't help for enough with anything.  So we send help and then were shown the door right away.  Then later on when they're still rebuilding we'll somehow get blamed for not staying in the country long enough.

Of course we'll get blamed. Hell, we've been blamed for not warning them and even for causing the earthquake/tsunami.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
s*** if thats the attitude I think the US has helped those ungreatful bastards enough....have fun rebuilding your country by yourself....but thats just me.

Wait a minute. US companies are lining up to cash in on the rebuilding. You can bet Haliburton, and some of their subs who walked out on Iraq, would love to shift equipment and personnel to less dangerous regions. Lots of money to be made.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
That $350 million?

Watch how much of that cycles back to the US in payments to US based businesses like Haliburton. The US has the resources, know how, and services to handle this sort of massive infrastructure work. We even have a company whose expertise is in mass processing of corpses.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
Watch how much of that cycles back to the US in payments to US based businesses like Haliburton. The US has the resources, know how, and services to handle this sort of massive infrastructure work. We even have a company whose expertise is in mass processing of corpses.

Well of course. Why do you think we have to follow it? ... To get it back!!!! :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)

How long's it gonna be before the conspiracy machine gets cranked up and starts saying the U.S. somehow caused this disaster just to line the pockets of U.S. corporations who handle that sort of thing. Lower Case.......you wanna kick that off for us?

:rolly

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
How long's it gonna be before the conspiracy machine gets cranked up and starts saying the U.S. somehow caused this disaster just to line the pockets of U.S. corporations who handle that sort of thing.    Lower Case.......you wanna kick that off for us?

There's a difference between a natural disaster and a march to war that started with lies, deception, intelligence from 2 spies (Israel and Iran) in order to garner political and economic capital for neo-conservatives is power. ;)

Here's a thought. A government wants to control how aid is distributed within its own borders.

After 9/11, if the French or Germans wanted to bring troops into NYC to help with recovery efforts, do you think the US would have stood for that?

Just because you're being charitable doesn't mean you suddenly have free reign over a country's sovereignty.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
There's a difference between a natural disaster and a march to war that started with lies, deception, intelligence from 2 spies (Israel and Iran) in order to garner political and economic capital for neo-conservatives is power. ;)

That's funny because there were 2 American's who were pretty vocal about us doing something about the threat Iraq posed. They too saw the evidence the CIA had accumulated and even went on television a number of times warning us about the "grave threat" they posed.

Their names....

John Kerry and Al Gore

Funny how quickly their opinions changed when it was politically convienent for them.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
That's funny because there were 2 American's who were pretty vocal about us doing something about the threat Iraq posed.  They too saw the evidence the CIA had accumulated and even went on television a number of times warning us about the "grave threat" they posed.

Their names....

John Kerry and Al Gore

Funny how quickly their opinions changed when it was politically convienent for them.

Or when it was shown that the evidence was faulty.

Sad how quickly some opinions didn't change when presented with contrary analysis and intelligence.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
That's funny because there were 2 American's who were pretty vocal about us doing something about the threat Iraq posed.  They too saw the evidence the CIA had accumulated and even went on television a number of times warning us about the "grave threat" they posed.

Their names....

John Kerry and Al Gore

Kerry and Gore were simply part of the War Party -- a party of pro-interventionalist f***ers that I have no part of. These people are the same equivalent of the Bush admin. elites Cheney and Bush Sr. were two of the major anti-occupation promoters during '92 and changed when it became expedient for the pocketbooks.

Its a false misnomer to lump Kerry and Gore into the anti-war camp. There were also Republicans that have been against the foreign wars waged by Bush like Ron Paul.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
Here's a thought. A government wants to control how aid is distributed within its own borders.

After 9/11, if the French or Germans wanted to bring troops into NYC to help with recovery efforts, do you think the US would have stood for that?

Just because you're being charitable doesn't mean you suddenly have free reign over a country's sovereignty.

I dont recall us wanting to change anything about how the Indonesian government wanted to run their country. About all I really remember hearing about was how we were going to build roads, clear debris, treat the wounded and sick and provide them with food and drinkable water. None of which they were capable of without foregin assistance. The comparison does not hold at all.

First we're called "Stingy" by the U.N. & now that the full resources of our country are brought to bear to help those in need we're told we're not wanted anymore. And so the America bashing around the world continues.