Why you don't speed in WI

southsider2k5

Southsider will remember this... it reminds me of when Manchester played up there and those bastards were sitting right outside of town looking to stop anyone that had an Indiana license plate.

:fyou Wisconsin PD.

Edit: that was the infamous night of driving down the Ryan honking the horn to that stupid song... :ph34r:

And then the stupid ass snowstorm as soon as we hit the Indiana line on the way back... :snow

Ahhhh, memories...

Edited by kapkomet

I remember going home from Alpine Valley on Rte 12 and seeing dozens of vehicles pulled over for speeding, DUI, etc. Concert after concert. Dumb asses.

The other speeding fest was Rte 43 coming home from Road America. After watching races for hours the flatlanders would be pretending they were drivers in their Renault Alliances and getting pulled over and over and over.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Southsider will remember this... it reminds me of when Manchester played up there and those bastards were sitting right outside of town looking to stop anyone that had an Indiana license plate.

:fyou Wisconsin PD.

Edit:  that was the infamous night of driving down the Ryan honking the horn to that stupid song...  :ph34r:

And then the stupid ass snowstorm as soon as we hit the Indiana line on the way back... :snow

Ahhhh, memories...

More specifically anyone who was an 85C plate :bang

Thats ironic, as I was just talking about our trip to Whitewater yesterday. 4 hours to get up there, 6 1/2 to get home. Why anyone would ever live in that god forsaken lake effect belt is beyond me ;)

I wouldn't speed in Wisconsin. They don't give a crap who you are and how fast you were going they'll pull you over. I know cops that have been pulled over by Wisconsin Troopers and they won't even give them a professional courtesy and let them out of the ticket.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
NYC Cops suck balls. I was on my cell phone for 20 seconds and got a ticket. I didn't even know it was against the law to talk on the cell phone while driving. With my NJ license and Indiana plates, they still didn't believe me.

Well, 90 dollars later - now I know.

Isn't that called mansrea (sp) or something like that? Lawyers?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
More specifically anyone who was an 85C plate :bang

Thats ironic, as I was just talking about our trip to Whitewater yesterday.  4 hours to get up there, 6 1/2 to get home.  Why anyone would ever live in that god forsaken lake effect belt is beyond me ;)

4 hours up there... from basically Fort Wayne... that usually how long it takes to get to the Loop. LMAO. Why didn't we get pulled over on the way up again?

I've gotten pulled over twice in two months down around the new house. f***ing local prick asshole cops.

One I am getting dismissed through defensive driving and the other I'm doing deferred adjudication. $400 later, you better not speed in these little f*** podunk ass towns down here - and yes, even moreso then townies.

Prepare for the ultimate Wisconsin cop story....... This is 100% true, I swear!

On Easter weekend in 1987 I went home with a buddy on the baseball team that lived in Antioch, IL. He was playing in a softball tournament at some honky tonk bar not far across the state line in Wisconsin.

After the tournament, we had a few beers (I was 19 and had just beaten the deadline to be grandfathered in when they changed the drinking age), but nothing crazy. Neither of us were near drunk. We decided to head back, but there was one more bar on the way back he wanted to stop at to see if someone was there. The bar was on the left and was not far from the state line, if I recall.

It had gotten dark and it was really foggy out. We saw the bar and the wooden post indicating the entrance so we turned in. Unfortunately, we couldn't see the first post and turned after the 2nd one, which landed us in a shallow ditch. It was deep enough that we couldn't get out.

Being that we were both young and stupid, we were worried a cop would come by and since we had been drinking some, think drunkenness was the reason for our situation. I swear it was so foggy out that you couldn't see 15 feet in front of you.

My friend immediately put a dip in and went inside to see if there was someone inside that had chains and a truck (well, almost everybody in there had a truck) and would pull us out. It took awhile, but he finally found someone and they came out to help. They hooked up chains and pulled us out of the ditch. Of course, the obvious happened and a sherrif's deputy pulled up right as we were finishing up.

He asked what was going on and we told him. Keep in mind about 45 minutes had passed and neither of us had drank anything in that time. The deputy questioned my friend a long time, then me and we both told him the same thing. He got my buddies license and went back to his car. After about 10 minutes, he came up to the window and told us we needed to be more careful, but he had no choice to give us a ticket. He then proceeded to hand a ticket to my friend.

There were two kickers to the end of this story. One, he made us pay cash for the ticket since he had Illinois plates. Said we couldn't mail it in. Then he told us that he could not accept money on the scene and that we had to pay it at the Kenosha County Sherrif's Dept. He made us follow him about 45 minutes to the Sherrif's dept. and pay it there, which we did.

The real kicker to this story is that the cause or reason for the ticket. Printed neatly on the ticket next to reason was WINDSHIELD NOT PROPERLY CLEANED!

True story. Sad, but true. We thought it was bulls***, but we were young and weren't going to get into a pissing match with a cop after we had been drinking some. Even though it made no sense that if he thought we had been drinking, he would have us drive 45 minutes the opposite way (and back). Still, we kept our mouths shut and ponied up somewhere around $65-$70 for the ticket, but we did get a story to tell!