Wrestlers Spreading Herpes

Link here

Herpes hasn't been much of a culprit until recently, where it has gained a foothold on wrestling teams back East and in the Southwest.

"If you have an active cold sore and you're grinding it into the arm pit of another wrestler, then there's a pretty good chance you're going to spread it," Medford dermatologist Doug Naversen said. "The important thing is to get treated if you think you have symptoms so you don't infect someone else."

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
I always found it a little strange with 2 men in tights rolling around on the mat together....

Try telling that to a college wrestler.

The herpes thing is very rare. You are checked for any open sores and rashes at weigh ins. If you have any, you have to have a doctors approval to wrestle or your not allowed on the mat.

QUOTE(shakes @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
Try telling that to a college wrestler.

The herpes thing is very rare. You are checked for any open sores and rashes at weigh ins. If you have any, you have to have a doctors approval to wrestle or your not allowed on the mat.

Yeah, people don't understand wrestling at all. I am glad someone has an idea. There are so many misconceptions...ya can say I roll around with a guy during practice and so on, but I go home to the girls many people on here dream of.

Herpes is different and tough to prevent. FYI, cheerleaders get rignworm and all the stuff we get too. I know many wrestlers who have had herpes. I myself have not, but it is more common than any of you would imagine.

I would think many of the people who crack on wrestling also shower with their swimsuits on after gym, and keep their clothes on when (should I say if?) they're with a girl. :nono