Connection Speed

Texsox

How do you connect to soxtalk?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you connect to soxtalk?

• Dial-Up Service (standard 56K modem type)
    • Cable Service
    • DSL
    • Satellite
    • Public Access
    • Uncertain. but like to vote

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Comcast finally raised my cable speed back up to the speed it was at when ATTBI ran the service. 

Unfortunately they have shutdown their newsgroup server.  Anyone who downloads off newsgroups knows how much great stuff you can find on there.

Did they raise all of their clients speed? If not, how can I find out if they raised mine?

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Did they raise all of their clients speed? If not, how can I find out if they raised mine?

They raised all clients on the silver plan to 3Mb/256Kb which is about 375KB/second download speed a while back. Comcast is actually upgrading again to 4Mb/384Kb for the silver plan but I checked and it hasn't been rolled out in the Chicago area yet. We always seem to be the last area to get the upgrades. Try testing your speed here: http://chi.speakeasy.net/

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
I've got cable, and Soxtalk is bogged down right now --- I'm getting 5+ second page loads.

I'm having the same problem. I saw the old user record from the old SoxTalk was SHATTERED. It was 233 on the day of the Pods trade. It's 351 now.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
I'm having the same problem.  I saw the old user record from the old SoxTalk was SHATTERED.  It was 233 on the day of the Pods trade.  It's 351 now.

Hold the celebration, it was search bots pushing the total up. Southsider and Kap were busy on the case, determining why so many guests all were visiting from the same group of IP addresses.