Rowand Signs Extension

shakes

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
This is the best news i've heard all year...

AROW! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

:cheers :drink

:headbang

Now Jeckle can just complain about batting order instead of hating Ozzie for not playing AROW enough. Game chat should be fun this year. Jeckle are you doing the whitesoxcentral.com chat if Dylan puts it up again.

:lizard

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
:cheers  :drink

Now Jeckle can just complain about batting order instead of hating Ozzie for not playing AROW enough.  Game chat should be fun this year.  Jeckle are you doing the whitesoxcentral.com chat if Dylan puts it up again.

Yeah, I'm assuming Bob and I will get a new chatroom up during Spring Training or so. If he doesn't want to, I will.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Didn't overpay, for a old hack who might be good...Rowand is going to be a stud. and we have him inked for 2-3 years..just long enough for him to become a star and then leave cause we underbid him..

He cannot leaver once the deal is up. He will not be a free agent yet.

I saw him on Sports Page the other night and he is all plus in my book. Great guy who can get the clutch hits and lay down a good bunt once in a while. Has great speed and I expect him to post a career best in SB numbers this year with all the running we are gonna be doing.

I have dreams about Podsednik and Rowand (now Iguchi too) doing double steals.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
:cheers  :drink

Now Jeckle can just complain about batting order instead of hating Ozzie for not playing AROW enough.  Game chat should be fun this year.  Jeckle are you doing the whitesoxcentral.com chat if Dylan puts it up again.

I'll be in their for sure...

AROW for the 2 hole! :D

I really don't think Rowand cna hit in the two spot. We've gone over this before and I still don't get it. I know I like him a lot less than others but I would think even the Rownad supporters would look at his lack of hitting to right as a bad sign for the two-spot. As for the star moniker, what evidence is there that this is going to happen? I just don't see him as a guy that can hit any better than he did a year ago. Not enough pop in his bat to do much better.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
As for the star moniker, what evidence is there that this is going to happen? I just don't see him as a guy that can hit any better than he did a year ago. Not enough pop in his bat to do much better.

I see him hitting for the same amount of power numbers if not more. I just think his average will be in the .280-.295 range.