Iguchi News

Southside hitmen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
3 to 3.3 million a year! If this is true, he should be signing it right now.... that's almost a million more than he made in Japan.

I really hope the third year is a team option. I just don't want this team to be stuck with a worthless contract incase he doesn't pan out...

But whatever. He'll be a welcome addition to this team, and even if he doesn't play very well, he'll carry his weight just by being such a huge PR influence halfway around the globe...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
I really hope the third year is a team option.  I just don't want this team to be stuck with a worthless contract incase he doesn't pan out...

But whatever.  He'll be a welcome addition to this team, and even if he doesn't play very well, he'll carry his weight just by being such a huge PR influence halfway around the globe...

Yeah, but I feel bad for the Cubune writers because then they would have to do a story about how Japanese players don't pan out in the MLB.... then throw in a paragraph about Maggs possibly signing with the Cubs

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
i thought KW was to be on the score today but on their update Telender didnt  mention KW being on the score..

Maybe KW is talking to Iguchi agent

When I was listening at the start of the show they just said "A White Sox guest"...

Sure he is a bit of a gamble. At the very least, he should be a good platoon with Willie. I just like the attitude and professionalism the players from Japan seem to bring. That's just my perception. It also could bring more opportunites from the Asian markets. He could be one of those spark plugs that gets the whole team going. I don't like the fact that Ozzie seems down on Harris. If that is true then get someone in there that the manager believes in.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Sure he is a bit of a gamble.  At the very least, he should be a good platoon with Willie.  I just like the attitude and professionalism the players from Japan seem to bring.  That's just my perception. It also could bring more opportunites from the Asian markets. He could be one of those spark plugs that gets the whole team going.  I don't like the fact that Ozzie seems down on Harris.  If that is true then get someone in there that the manager believes in.

One name.

Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Not only would his last name look completely badass on a Sox jersey, he would be an absolute stud.

My thinking is that having 2 Japanese players to relate to would help him come here unless the Yanks or Mariners or Dodgers are hellbent on signing him.

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
One name.

Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Not only would his last name look completely badass on a Sox jersey, he would be an absolute stud.

My thinking is that having 2 Japanese players to relate to would help him come here unless the Yanks or Mariners or Dodgers are hellbent on signing him.

I can't wait to see the numbers he puts up when he gets here. Like you said, gonnabe a stud.

Wow. Allow me a moment to really take in what this team will look like, fully healthy, with Iguchi:

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

C Pieryznski

RF Dye

SS Uribe

3B Crede

I know that some will probably question the Rowand-Pierz-Dye part of the order, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is, when your going to get 20 HRs and 70 RBIs (at least) from your number nine hitter, your in damn good shape. I'll tell ya, pitchers are NOT going to like facing this lineup, especially if Podsednik is at least able to put up a .270/.330 AVG/OBP...

i think this gets done.. i mean, the guy can say

a: im gonna play in japan even thou i want to play in the majors and can make as much money (maybe more) then i would in japan... oh well, i play japan... no major for me

or

b: i wanna play in the majors, white sox offer good, i play in majors

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
15 mins to go before soxfest opens up. Do you think they will announce iguchi  tonight

Williams should hold off announcing Iguchi (if true) until next week.

Significance of next week? Cub's convention. In addition to the Hendry bashing which will ensue, there will be coverage of Iguchi's signing w/ White Sox. New York Mets/Yankees battle to steal headlines; why not kick Cubs while they're down?. :headbang

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Fast: Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Uribe, (Harris)

Average: Dye?

Slow: Frank, Paulie, AJ

My winning formula is fast guys get on, slow guys knock em in.  :headbang

Don't forget Crede. He's like around the average (really about below average) range.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Williams should hold off announcing Iguchi (if true) until next week. 

Significance of next week? Cub's convention.  In addition to the Hendry bashing which will ensue, there will be coverage of Iguchi's signing w/ White Sox.  New York Mets/Yankees battle to steal headlines; why not kick Cubs while they're down?.  :headbang

:fthecubs Do it now!! No better way than in front of thousands of happy Sox fans!