Iguchi News

Southside hitmen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Was anyone at sox fest yesterday that heard Ozzie say we have 2 japanese players on the team

yes i was there. i thought it was a bit strange. but he also could have meant we might have 2 japanese players, because then he said we have two cubans with Hernandez and Contreras exe.... (he's hard to understand at times)

hmm i just might have been a slip by Ozzie. And then when the question arose to Kenny about Iguchi he said he will like to stay quiet and remain at a low profile. He wouldn't say that if he wasn't still interested. Iguchi would be an upgrade. But when i talked to Willie Harris he told me he would steal 65 bases. Willie seems pumped this year, I think Willie needs a lot of playing time to flourish, kind of like how Rowand did.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
i had a dream last night that we signed iguchi... so we will, im sure... i also dreamed a few months ago we got randy johnson, so im sure we will also get him.

What were the details of the contract?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
hmm i just might have been a slip by Ozzie. And then when the question arose to Kenny about Iguchi he said he will like to stay quiet and remain at a low profile. He wouldn't say that if he wasn't still interested. Iguchi would be an upgrade. But when i talked to Willie Harris he told me he would steal 65 bases. Willie seems pumped this year, I think Willie needs a lot of playing time to flourish, kind of like how Rowand did.

Willie is an idiot. What a stupid thing to say. Its one thing to get pumped and another to be a complete dumbass.

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Im confused. What did Willie say that makes him a dumbass. He said hed steal 65 bases that doesnt make him a dumbass.

Well, I would just say he is in no postion to make absolute comments like this. I guess We would all be guilty of being dumb if we actaully believed he is capable of stealing 65 bases on this team or any other in major league baseball. Its nice and pleasant that he has set some extremely high goals for himself. Maybe he should set a goal for actually getting on base. Maybe Willie needs to stick to making the team and having his manager on his side before he sets his sites on leading the league in stolen bases. I assume if you steal that many bases your at the top of the crowd.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
yes i was there. i thought it was a bit strange. but he also could have meant we might have 2 japanese players, because then he said we have two cubans with Hernandez and Contreras exe.... (he's hard to understand at times)

maybe he thought we signed iguchi :lolhitting

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
Willie is an idiot. What a stupid thing to say. Its one thing to get pumped and another to be a complete dumbass.

After listening to Hawk and Ozzie slam him right in front of his face, I am glad to still see he has some confidence left. They could be crushing this kid, they need to be building him up instead.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Maybe he should set a goal for actually getting on base. Maybe Willie needs to stick to making the team and having his manager on his side before he sets his sites on leading the league in stolen bases. I assume if you steal that many bases your at the top of the crowd.

Bag Willie all you want about his stealing ability and rightfully so, but he shouldn't be criticized for his On Base Percentage, especially compared to others on this team.

Harris - .343 OBP

Podsednik - .313 OBP

Perez (just for Gene) - .285 OBP