Iguchi News

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Whoa .... where's all this Harris hate coming from?  Have you looked at his numbers?  Harris' problem is that he can't hit LH's.  He put up pretty respectable #'s vs RH's. Considering that typically around 1/4 to 1/3 of MLB ab's vs LH for an full-time player the Sox can bench him at those times.

It's not something the Sox can't deal with.

Harris is extremely inconsistent. His numbers last season are very misleading. A hot streak in meaningless games against AAA pitchers, which he has already proven he hits well against, gave him respectable numbers, just like a monster game at the end of 2003 got his average over .200. He has an attitude problem. He said all the right things at Soxfest this year, but he said all right things at Soxfest last year and in 2003. The White Sox are leaving no stone unturned in their quest to upgrade. I think that says a lot about what they truly think about him.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa .... where's all this Harris hate coming from?  Have you looked at his numbers?  Harris' problem is that he can't hit LH's.  He put up pretty respectable #'s vs RH's. Considering that typically around 1/4 to 1/3 of MLB ab's vs LH for an full-time player the Sox can bench him at those times.

It's not something the Sox can't deal with.

In the last part of the post, you'll see I mentioned the following:

"Sox brass have a big problem with Harris and it goes well beyond the stats"

I know you love stats, but it is not all about stats. If it were, guys like Pierzynski would command a lot more $$ and multiyear contracts.

There are things we don't know, but little bits and pieces have come out via criticism from all those people close to the White Sox, as mentioned.

You can accept it or not, doesn't matter to me. But the concerns go well beyond the numbers.

QUOTE(MarkB56 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
I just saw o n white sox.com that on the infeilders section article that iguchi is probley going to stay in japan.

I would have to say that is speculation. The same reporter did an article where he talked about Davis and Burke as the catchers and a day or so later AJ signed.

I don't know if any one from KW's staff reads this site but if his choices are now between Japan & the Sox (because all of the other teams have starting 2B now) I would offer him just enough to beat any Japanese offer & make his next 2 yrs a player option.

He made the equiv of 2.3M in Japan last year. Again helping his team in the post-season. He's probably due for a raise that would pay him at least 3M. But he's a proven player there & a risk here. So give him a 10M/3 plus enough incentive $ to top the best offer out of Japan.

As we all have been saying the Sox are his best chance to showcase his talents. Because of Shingo he is going to get a LOT of media attention playing 2B for the Sox. So if he's confident in his play he should take a contract that gives him the power to go where he wants in 06.

Harris is extremely inconsistent. His numbers last season are very misleading. A hot streak in meaningless games against AAA pitchers, which he has already proven he hits well against, gave him respectable numbers, just like a monster game at the end of 2003 got his average over .200. He has an attitude problem. He said all the right things at Soxfest this year, but he said all right things at Soxfest last year and in 2003. The White Sox are leaving no stone unturned in their quest to upgrade. I think that says a lot about what they truly think about him.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...st=0&p=562480

Attitude or not, I agree with you. We will face more LH pitching this year than previous yrs. Harris is not an everyday player until he proves he can hit LHers.