Attendance

Ishmookie

it seems we weren't so excited about our team like two weeks ago, and then optimism reallyheated up around soxfest...

i like the situtationwe are in and i like that patriots approach, get a whole bunch of solid players at a good price instead of one or two at a monster price...i think we could be good...i'm glad we have AJ...

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
I have a feeling it will increase but if it stays that way will totally depend on how they are playing. If they win a lot then the fans will show.

If they can get off to a nice start and keep it going they'll have big attendance all year. The key is for them to make people believe that this team is for real.

If the sox are good this year it will definitely go up. The sox should be good this year so i think it will be in the 2.3 or 2.4 million range. I know there are alot of people like me who only went to 5 or 6 games last year but will go to 15-20 games this year.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
if we win - we draw fans

if we lose - we don't

easy as that.

Ding ding ding.

There seems to be an excitement about the team that could translate to a short blip of an attendance increase. But if we start out 6-20 for April, attendance will suck and there will ba July sell off.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
There was a huge buzz at the stadium after Freddy was signed last year.  There were large attendance numbers for a few weeks.  I can only imagine that six new players will have the same effect.  As long as we win, of course.

I agree 100%. I was at the game when they trook Olivo out after the 7th and after the game, someone in the parking lot told me. By the time we reached our car, everyone on the parking lot knew and they were cheering and what not. Attendence will go up IMHO.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
I agree 100%. I was at the game when they trook Olivo out after the 7th and after the game, someone in the parking lot told me. By the time we reached our car, everyone on the parking lot knew and they were cheering and what not. Attendence will go up IMHO.

was that the sunday cubs-sox game?

I thought that was the day the trade went down cause as soon as i got homr from that game it was all over on here.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
was that the sunday cubs-sox game?

I thought that was the day the trade went down cause as soon as i got homr from that game it was all over on here.

Yes, that was the June 27th game vs the Cubs at the Cell. I remember because that was the day I took my Grandpa to see his 1st MLB game in person. BTW, the Sox won that game! :finger

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
How so?

The differences between Gallas and Boyer are incredible. Gallas and his group did a great job between the lines. They had ideas to bring new things to the park and great promotions. But there were the little things that were missing. Brooks connects with fans instantly. He communicates in a way that makes you feel like you are the most important fan the White Sox have. He loves the fan interactions he has. He also really gets that it is the little things that stick with people, and can make them lifelong fans. And they really are exploring all avenues to get people to the park, and make it easier and more appealing to do so. The ideas they have and the innovations they are talking about are excellent.

what are some examples.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
The differences between Gallas and Boyer are incredible.  Gallas and his group did a great job between the lines.  They had ideas to bring new things to the park and great promotions.  But there were the little things that were missing.  Brooks connects with fans instantly.  He communicates in a way that makes you feel like you are the most important fan the White Sox have.  He loves the fan interactions he has.  He also really gets that it is the little things that stick with people, and can make them lifelong fans.  And they really are exploring all avenues to get people to the park, and make it easier and more appealing to do so.  The ideas they have and the innovations they are talking about are excellent.

But it's all general, nothing specific. The changes to the ballpark were in place for a few years, that's not on his clock. If the team tanks, he will get attendance to increase? Not challenging you, just asking how. :huh

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Examples of what part?  There was a lot of info there...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
But it's all general, nothing specific.  The changes to the ballpark were in place for a few years, that's not on his clock.  If the team tanks, he will get attendance to increase?  Not challenging you, just asking how. :huh

-He talked about identifying specific ethnic markets for one thing.

-He also talked about working in the Northside and in NW IN as untapped bases.

-There is talk of openning a parking lot early in the morning so that people can park there then and not have to pay to park in downtown as well.

-They are sending the giveaways to season ticketholders in the mail so that they are guarenteed to get them.

-Talked about their advertising schemes breaking new ground

-Talked about having 21 preseason games on TV, where as the next highest team in MLB will broadcast 8. They are also going to bring players up to the booth so that we can get to know them personally.

-They are going to make an effort to market the players in their commericials

-Encouraged fans to contact him and his staff to share ideas.

-Trying to make baseball in Bridgeport an experience and not just a 3 hour game.

-Changing the between innings stuff on the scoreboard to better utilize the technology they have.

That's what I can remember right now from the seminar. I am sure more will come to me.

I still think the biggest drawback is the upper deck. And not just that you are so high. I go to about 10-15 games a year and I won't sit up there. The view is fine, but I hate they do not let you walk around the first level concourse if you have upper level tickets. There are a lot of things on the lower level that are great, especially for the casual fan and they can't get to it if they have upper deck tickets.

Anyways, based on the advanced sales I have seen, I think they will sell the entire lower deck out for almost the whole season (except April).

Anyone want to guess what the drop off in attendance will be from Opening Day to Game 2 in the afternoon?