Attendance

Ishmookie

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I still think the biggest drawback is the upper deck. And not just that you are so high. I go to about 10-15 games a year and I won't sit up there. The view is fine, but I hate they do not let you walk around the first level concourse if you have upper level tickets. There are a lot of things on the lower level that are great, especially for the casual fan and they can't get to it if they have upper deck tickets.

Anyways, based on the advanced sales I have seen, I think they will sell the entire lower deck out for almost the whole season (except April).

Anyone want to guess what the drop off in attendance will be from Opening Day to Game 2 in the afternoon?

I really don't see how the upper deck at Comiskey is any different than anywhere else. I have been to games at 13 different parks, and I don't see it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
I really don't see how the upper deck at Comiskey is any different than anywhere else.  I have been to games at 13 different parks, and I don't see it.

The view and the height are fine with me. I just don't like how you can not walk around the lower concorse and experience the ammenities down there if you have an upper deck ticket.

I see, those are very good, especially 1 and 2.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
-He talked about identifying specific ethnic markets for one thing. 

-He also talked about working in the Northside and in NW IN as untapped bases. 

-There is talk of openning a parking lot early in the morning so that people can park there then and not have to pay to park in downtown as well.

-They are sending the giveaways to season ticketholders in the mail so that they are guarenteed to get them.

-Talked about their advertising schemes breaking new ground

-Talked about having 21 preseason games on TV, where as the next highest team in MLB will broadcast 8.  They are also going to bring players up to the booth so that we can get to know them personally.

-They are going to make an effort to market the players in their commericials

-Encouraged fans to contact him and his staff to share ideas.

-Trying to make baseball in Bridgeport an experience and not just a 3 hour game.

-Changing the between innings stuff on the scoreboard to better utilize the technology they have.

That's what I can remember right now from the seminar.  I am sure more will come to me.

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
With the positive buzz surrounding the sox team, along with the new seats and fundamentals how much much will attendance increase, decrease or stay the same?

If the Sox win, the fans will show up. If they tank, Sox fans will not go simply for the USCF amenities. Cub fans might show up though..... after all..... it's not whether you win or lose, it about what there is to do in and around the park.