2005's most anticipated cd releases???

bmags

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
LOL, I'm looking for some new stuff.  The last few things I really enmjoyed are Snow Patrol, Secret Machines and Interpol. Any suggestions?

secret machines are so bad live...yuck..

well, i gotta say Sugar Ros, the faint, the killers, and this doesn't really fit in but the pixies should always be added.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
You'd recommend the Killers but not CoCa?  Insanity.

its always the easier transition to listen to things you've heard of but never listened than things you're not familiar with ...

killers are on the scope right now...but i'm not that big a fan...

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
i didn't know sugar ros was coming out with a new album..something to look forward to...

Yeah, it's due out sometime in the spring last I heard. Sigur Ros participated in a tsunami relief effort for an Icelandic TV station and debuted a new song called "Celestia" yesterday. Here's the video link to the entire fundraiser, just skip ahead to 1h 36min 20sec:

http://media.gagna.net/ruvtv/neydarhjalp.2005-01-15.wmv

You'll notice in the video that Sigur Ros uses a bell choir, but they're all kids with down's syndrome. It's pretty interesting.

Definately the new Audioslave....been waiting long enough as it is...

Also, the new Fiona Apple, if Sony will get off this bulls*** reasoning and just release the damn CD already.....we've been waiting 6 years now, just f***ing release it already!!

As for CoCa...I kinda like the sound....I listen to Alt Nation on Sirius Satelite Radio alot now, and they play CoCa alot, and another band I'm REALLY starting to like...

Muse....i like the sound.

One more song they've played alot lately that I like for some reason:

Hot Ride - Prodigy w/ Juliette Lewis

Don't ask me, I like the sound. I woulda never known it was her singing if they didn't say so.

Really? I'm gonna the SMs in 2 weeks.

I don't dig 'The Killers', thx for the suggestion though.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
secret machines are so bad live...yuck..

well, i gotta say Sugar Ros, the faint, the killers, and this doesn't really fit in but the pixies should always be added.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 04:47 AM)
Definately the new Audioslave....been waiting long enough as it is...

Also, the new Fiona Apple, if Sony will get off this bulls*** reasoning and just release the damn CD already.....we've been waiting 6 years now, just f***ing release it already!!

As for CoCa...I kinda like the sound....I listen to Alt Nation on Sirius Satelite Radio alot now, and they play CoCa alot, and another band I'm REALLY starting to like...

Muse....i like the sound.

One more song they've played alot lately that I like for some reason:

Hot Ride - Prodigy w/ Juliette Lewis

Don't ask me, I like the sound. I woulda never known it was her singing if they didn't say so.

I've heard a couple tracks from Fiona Apple's record. Its goood.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Update.

Thx for the suggestions, picked up Sigur Ros and they have become my new cure for insomnia.  :sleep

Are you kidding me?

your elitist-critic shtick works OK i guess but it's kinda tired. cerb did it first, and better.

some peeps prefer the atmospheric/postrock thing, especially a crew who does it as refreshingly as sigur ros; some prefer joy div--i mean, the psychadelic f--i mean, interpol. no need to mock either way.

Lighten up man, your not IN the f'n band.

Of course it comes down to personal taste, it's not for me, big deal. Enjoy it and keep the suggestions coming. :D

QUOTE(False Alarm @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
your elitist-critic shtick works OK i guess but it's kinda tired. cerb did it first, and better.

some peeps prefer the atmospheric/postrock thing, especially a crew who does it as refreshingly as sigur ros; some prefer joy div--i mean, the psychadelic f--i mean, interpol. no need to mock either way.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Update.

Thx for the suggestions, picked up Sigur Ros and they have become my new cure for insomnia.  :sleep

Are you kidding me?

Should've gone with CoCa - Second Stage Turbine Blade.