The Killers on SNL last night

Cali

Of all the s***ty bands getting heavy radio play on rock stations nowadays I actually liked The Killers the best. They're not great but I liked the songs they've released as singles.

But damn did they suck on SNL. The singer was flat and sang everything a few octaves below what the recorded stuff sounds like. Plus they had the basic "look" that all the bands look like now. A combo of the White curly fro/ being very pale and skinny/ dirty matted long hair, and wearing matching suits. Plus they had zero stage presence, The singer just giving a catatonic "Will Ferrell doing James Lipton" stare.

QUOTE(Cali @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Plus they had the basic "look" that all the bands look like now.A combo of the White curly fro/ being very pale and skinny/ dirty matted long hair, and wearing matching suits. Plus they had zero stage presence, The singer just giving a catatonic "Will Ferrell doing James Lipton" stare.

I know i cant tell the difference between these crappy bands anymore.

The government is building a secret army of generic bands to rule the world. <_>

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
I know i cant tell the difference between these crappy bands anymore.

The government is building a secret army of generic bands to rule the world. <_>

That's what Lyndon LaRouche said about the Beatles. He believed them to be a British/CIA psy-ops project..."The Beatles had no genuine musical talent, but were a product shaped according to British Psychological Warfare Division specifications."

--Lyndon LaRouche, from the pamphlet, "Why Your Child Became a Drug Addict"

:lol:

QUOTE(Cali @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Of all the s***ty bands getting heavy radio play on rock stations nowadays I actually liked The Killers the best. They're not great but I liked the songs they've released as singles.

But damn did they suck on SNL. The singer was flat and sang everything a few octaves below what the recorded stuff sounds like. Plus they had the basic "look" that all the bands look like now. A combo of the White curly fro/ being very pale and skinny/ dirty matted long hair, and wearing matching suits. Plus they had zero stage presence, The singer just giving a catatonic "Will Ferrell doing James Lipton" stare.

didn't see 'em last night but i really like the song mr. brightside. went to there site and listened to the clips from their others. nothing else there i really liked...