Ed Farmer

retro1983hat

I was at the seminar with Rowand, Crede, Gload, Politte and their wives and Farmer moderated it. Ooops I'm sorry, Farmer talked the entire time about himself and his career and spent the rest of the time wanting to talk about the Cubs and Wrigley Field.

My wife had said that it could have been a great seminar listening to the players and their wives talk about the family life of a major league baseball player. But instead, Farmer talked for 20 minutes about how the Cubs are screwed up because they play day games.

Hey, Mr. Baseball Pants .... you're not the show!!!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
I was at the seminar with Rowand, Crede, Gload, Politte and their wives and Farmer moderated it. Ooops I'm sorry, Farmer talked the entire time about himself and his career and spent the rest of the time wanting to talk about the Cubs and Wrigley Field.

My wife had said that it could have been a great seminar listening to the players and their wives talk about the family life of a major league baseball player. But instead, Farmer talked for 20 minutes about how the Cubs are screwed up because they play day games.

Farmio likes to talk, everyone knows that. The only thing in his defense is that it was like pulling teeth to get things out of the wives at times. He had to lead a lot of the questions and keep pulling. They are not in the media spotlight all of the time and its kind of tough getting up in front of a lot of people and talking. Arows wife did by far the best job at it. But he did lead the conversation about how much wrigley was a dump.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Farmio likes to talk, everyone knows that.  The only thing in his defense is that it was like pulling teeth to get things out of the wives at times. He had to lead a lot of the questions and keep pulling. They are not in the media spotlight all of the time  and its kind of tough getting up in front of a lot of people and talking.  Arows wife did by far the best job at it.  But he did lead the conversation about how much wrigley was a dump.

Oh Rowand's wife by far was the best. Oh and believe me, I know Baseball Pants likes to talk. I guess I just feel that he forgets he is no longer a player, as much as he tries to act like he is the players' buddies. I also know he loves the Sox ... he just grates on me. Although it would be fun to play the: "Farmer complains about the umpires drinking game." We'd all be drunk by the second inning.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Someone needs to give Ed Farmer some fashion tips.  A purple shirt, short pants, no socks, and loafers are not appropriate Chicago style

I got several looks for my beach apparel as well. Sorry.. but I was sunburbed and anything heavier hurt. :lolhitting

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Oh Rowand's wife by far was the best. Oh and believe me, I know Baseball Pants likes to talk. I guess I just feel that he forgets he is no longer a player, as much as he tries to act like he is the players' buddies. I also know he loves the Sox ... he just grates on me. Although it would be fun to play the: "Farmer complains about the umpires drinking game." We'd all be drunk by the second inning.

Do you think Ross is off the couch yet, or is he in the house with his moronic comment.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)

mr. baseball pants?

i don't think those were pants he was wearing.

All me and krush did that entire seminar was wonder what the hell farmer was wearing.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
I got several looks for my beach apparel as well. Sorry.. but I was sunburbed and anything heavier hurt.  :lolhitting

It had nothing to do with what you were wearing, they were wondering if the aliens that took over your body are good or evil

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Do you think Ross is off the couch yet, or is he in the house with his moronic comment.

Every married guy in that room was cringing as Ross was telling the story about how he got together with his wife. Its not that he is sleeping on the couch, she will bring that up at every opportune time for years.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
It had nothing to do with what you were wearing, they were wondering if the aliens that took over your body are good or evil

LMAO!! I got several "hey.. nice comments in the Q&A" in the bar from many people I didn't even know. Most wondering what happened to the "real Steff". I have to say.. this fest was the best one of the 9 that I have attended. We met so many nice people.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
LMAO!! I got several "hey.. nice comments in the Q&A" in the bar from many people I didn't even know. Most wondering what happened to the "real Steff". I have to say.. this fest was the best one of the 9 that I have attended. We met so many nice people.

Ditto. That is exactly what Angie and I talked about the whole way home last night. It was a great year, with tons of great stories and friends new and old.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
Every married guy in that room was cringing as Ross was telling the story about how he got together with his wife.  Its not that he is sleeping on the couch, she will bring that up at every opportune time for years.

But did you catch the little exchange they had before he went into that story when he said Well you wanted to do this. LOL.

Nothing like setting you up for the big guilt trip for the rest of your life. I will use this to get out of trouble with my own wife. Well hun at least I didnt call you a whore in front of a room full of people at soxfest, its the automatic get out of jail free card.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
That's too bad it wasn't that great. Last years seminar was really good. It had Rowand, Wunsch, and Olivo with wives. It ended up being pretty funny.

Oh it was still pretty good. I just felt that Ed Farmer ruined it by talking 10x as much as everyone else on the stage combined. But I feel he does that with every broadcast as well. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
That's too bad it wasn't that great. Last years seminar was really good. It had Rowand, Wunsch, and Olivo with wives. It ended up being pretty funny.

Miguel Olivo's wife was awesome. I remember he talking about going off on people heckling her husband :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)

SoxFest's would always be like this if the team addressed problems from the year before every offseason like this offseason ;) .

The '03-'04 offseason was re-goddamn-diculous.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I missed this seminar, what exactly did Gload say?

I ofcourse was not there, but apparently he made some comment about how a lot of guys we're dating his wife, so he decided that she must be something worth getting.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Mr. Baseball Pants would be the best nick name ever.

Don't give it to that pud, its too pleasant a nick.

I think if Ed Farmer was a Native American, he'd be called

"Bores to Tears"

No that title would go to Ken Harrelson hands down. If I had to hear how the White Sox tied the Yankees with 242 home runs again, I was going to kick his ass myself. He just kept repeating himself all weekend. I almost wondered if the dude is getting alzheimers or something.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
No that title would go to Ken Harrelson hands down.  If I had to hear how the White Sox tied the Yankees with 242 home runs again, I was going to kick his ass myself.  He just kept repeating himself all weekend.  I almost wondered if the dude is getting alzheimers or something.

Exactly, he gets the award for most annoying personality of the weekend.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
No that title would go to Ken Harrelson hands down.  If I had to hear how the White Sox tied the Yankees with 242 home runs again, I was going to kick his ass myself.  He just kept repeating himself all weekend.  I almost wondered if the dude is getting alzheimers or something.

That's really my beef with the White Sox booth. So... much... dead... air...

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
That's really my beef with the White Sox booth. So... much... dead... air...

I have the opposite problem with the TV booth. Not enough dead air. I don't really care how many golf balls you lost to a former player etc. That't the beauty of TV, sometimes you can let the game do the talking.