Ed Farmer

retro1983hat

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
hawk is way better than farmer, i dont know why so many people like farmer so much, when all he does is ramble on about random crap that comes out of nowhere

I agree. Every time he mentions St. Rita or where he played golf that day or the Bertucci Boys is very annoying.

I know the broacasters are basically an arm of the team's marketing department, but please, just step out and be truthful against the Sox players when it is warranted. He is so worried about being the players' buddies.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
The biggest beef i hear from Cubs fans about the Sox booth (not that it matters) is that Hawk is silent for too long of stretches during a game.

I agree with Mike though.

In general, I agree with Mike too --

But I know where the "cub fans" are coming on this one. Hawk cares imensely about how this team does. When the Sox go through a bad stretch, so to does the Hawk. He gets sullen, and much quieter. I know I watch a lot more Cubs games when they are losing than I do when they are winning. This is probably true of cubs fans too, thus their complaints about too much dead air.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:25 AM)
I thought Ed did a nice job in the Pitchers seminar with Garland, Politte and AJ.

Ya, I thought he did good, minus what I term cheap shots at Jerry Manuel and Magglio. I mean Kenny was nothing but classy in regards to the Maggs issue and I just didn't like the way Farmer and even Hawk to a lesser extent try to so pull the company line.

Only reason I'll make fun of Farmer a bit is because the guy needs to wear some socks :banghead :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
No that title would go to Ken Harrelson hands down.  If I had to hear how the White Sox tied the Yankees with 242 home runs again, I was going to kick his ass myself.  He just kept repeating himself all weekend.  I almost wondered if the dude is getting alzheimers or something.

Don't worry, next time I come out I'll give the speach for ya. I liked how in the Boyer seminar we had the entire spiel memorized and would keep talking about it. I've been a Hawk fan, but I gotta say, at Soxfest he did nothing but annoy the hell out of me.

I was so glad that in Saturdays seminar with Kenny he stopped yapping and bashing Willie and let Ozzie and Kenny do the talking.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
Ya, I thought he did good, minus what I term cheap shots at Jerry Manuel and Magglio.  I mean Kenny was nothing but classy in regards to the Maggs issue and I just didn't like the way Farmer and even Hawk to a lesser extent try to so pull the company line.

Only reason I'll make fun of Farmer a bit is because the guy needs to wear some socks  :banghead  :D

Do all guys from Cali have that bad of a fashion sense, or is it just the ex-Hippies?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Do all guys from Cali have that bad of a fashion sense, or is it just the ex-Hippies?

Hey, is this some sort of low blow back at me :chair :lol:

Heck no, unless your on Sunset Blvd in which case Farmer would of fit right in.

ChiSoxFn....I'm so happy for you that you got to go to SoxFest. :P Sorry I missed you & all the other diehard Sox fans this year at SoxFest. :crying

I'll do my best to make it to SoxFest next year. Just hope they will have Shingo next year. :D

I guess you noticed I got my Avatar of Awesome Aaron Rowand posted all by myself this time. Thanks again for putting my other Avatar up for me last year.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
Exactly, he gets the award for most annoying personality of the weekend.

I'll agree there, I love hawk but he was annoying as hell this weekend. Not only did he keep talking about the sox having 242 homeruns and the yankees not ever doing that before this year, yada yada yada, he wouldn't shut up. People would ask someone else a question and hawk would go on a 10 minute rant, he was ridiculous this weekend. Oh yeah not to mention he'd open every seminar saying how this is the best soxfest he's ever been to as far as the fans attitude saying last year was great too but this years was better.