Goldmember & All Graphics Gurus

Texsox

Now that I have done a couple sigs, I am convinced even more, you are a graphics genius. :notworthy Any chance of you creating a sig before our eyes? Possibly post step by step how and why you are doing each step?

I am certain we would have a volunteer come up from the audience.

Edited by Texsox

"The Rose" - Photoshop

*note: if you're using a Mac, replace any ctrl with cmd.

1. Make a new document. Make it a square of any size. Hit ctrl+D to set colors to default.

2. Filter > Render > Clouds.

3. Filter > Render > Difference Clouds.

4. Hit ctrl+I to invert colors.

5. Hit ctrl+L to bring up levels box. In the second box of "input levels", replace 1.00 with 0.10, hit ok.

6. Filter > Blur > Radial Blur, change settings to zoom, amount 27, and quality best. Hit ok.

7. Filter > Distort > Twirl. Set the angle to 300, hit ok.

8. Duplicate the layer by clicking on it and dragging it to the New Layer icon in the layers palette. The New Layer icon is the one that looks like the bottom left corner is being folded up.

9. Click on the new layer ("background copy") and go to Filter > Distort > Twirl. Set the angle to -600, hit ok.

10. Still on "background copy", change the blend mode to lighten by clicking the box that says "normal" in the top left of the layers palette and then selecting "lighten".

11. With "background copy" still selected, hit ctrl+E to merge the two layers.

12. Duplicate the remaining layer by clicking it and dragging it to the New Layer icon in the layers palette.

13. Click the new layer ("background copy") then go Edit > Transform > Rotate 90 CW

14. Still on "background copy", change the blend mode to lighten by clicking the box that says "normal" in the top left of the layers palette and then selecting "lighten".

15. Still on "background copy", hit ctrl+E to merge the two layers.

16. Hit ctrl+U to add some color. Click the "colorize" box in the lower righthand corner. Now just hue, saturation, and lightness to get your desired color.

Post your results!

rose.jpg

I'm not Gold, so I can's speak for him...

When you're talking about doing a specific backround or one thing like the tutorial posted in this thread it's no problem, because there is an exact forumla you can follow to do something.

With a sig or a banner in my case, you don't follow any script, again I can't speak for Gold, but it's more of messing with some filters to see how something looks, then going from there. More tinkering I guess would be the best way of doing it.

If you're someone new to photoshop, you should look online for Photoshop Tutorials, there are a lot of good sites out there.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
I'm not Gold, so I can's speak for him...

When you're talking about doing a specific backround or one thing like the tutorial posted in this thread it's no problem, because there is an exact forumla you can follow to do something.

With a sig or a banner in my case, you don't follow any script, again I can't speak for Gold, but it's more of messing with some filters to see how something looks, then going from there. More tinkering I guess would be the best way of doing it.

If you're someone new to photoshop, you should look online for Photoshop Tutorials, there are a lot of good sites out there.

agreed.

rarely do i sit down to do something with a 'blueprint' in my head. i may have a general idea of how i want it to look like but never have i thought out the finished copy in my head. i've tried it and rarely does it work out the way i planned. it's kinda always evolving until i end up with something i'm happy with and i just know it's finished. and many times even after i think i'm done i'll sit there and look at it after its been posted or whatever and i think, "i shoulda done this or that" , "i shoulda tried this" or "shoulda changed that..."

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
agreed.

rarely do i sit down to do something with a 'blueprint' in my head. i may have a general idea of how i want it to look like but never have i thought out the finished copy in my head. i've tried it and rarely does it work out the way i planned. it's kinda always evolving until i end up with something i'm happy with and i just know it's finished. and many times even after i think i'm done i'll sit there and look at it after its been posted or whatever and i think, "i shoulda done this or that" , "i shoulda tried this" or "shoulda changed that..."

I'm sorta the same way, most of the time when I try to make my ideas reality then come out crappy. :D