Dusty being Dusty....

WSCR is playing some new interview clips with Dusty Baker. And of course he sounds like an idiot who will probably prevent the Cubs from winning anything...

Some highlights...

-Sosa will bat 4th or 5th because he has "earned" it and just had a down year

-What happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room and he doesn't like "snitches" who tell people what happened

-LaTroy Hawkins will probably get another shot to close because he "has experience" now and he has "learned the league"

the man is 56 years old...

Was the coverage for Soxfest as good as for the cub convention. This is totally sour grapes but the Mark Buerhle White Sox Christmas hand out was hardly covered but now we get the daily cub good deeds for the next three days. There has to be a contingency of reports awaiting the landing and arrival of Santo and the new television announcers arrival as well.

I now I let this piss me off way to much but it does.

There will be a Mariotti article talking about the good things this team has to offer (i.e. Nomar, how they don't let their players go to arbitration, etc,) then of course a negative one about Sosa, with this being the reason they couldn't sign anyone.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
I think  dusty would win, hands down.

only because dusty won't get a free pass for stupid comments made during them hot summer months since he being black and all can better stand the heat. oz can just blame his stupid comments on heat exhaustion and the like... ;)

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Was the coverage for Soxfest as good as for the cub convention.  This is totally sour grapes but the Mark Buerhle White Sox Christmas hand out was hardly covered but now we get the daily cub good deeds for the next three days.  There has to be a contingency of reports awaiting the landing and arrival of Santo and the new television announcers arrival as well.

I now I let this piss me off way to much but it does.

There will be a Mariotti article talking about the good things this team has to offer (i.e. Nomar, how they don't let their players go to arbitration, etc,) then of course a negative one about Sosa, with this being the reason they couldn't sign anyone.

The coverage for SoxFest was really good, there were a lot of local stories and interviews

i believe also that Dusty was asked about Sosa being captain next year or would Dusty take the C off of him. Dusty's reply was something along the lines of " I didn't put that C there, i'm not going to be the one to remove it.""

OMFG..(note to Dusty...you are the MANAGER of the Cubs..you can remove the C and/or make a batting order anyway you want). I remember when the Cubs got Baker..all i heard from my Cub fan neighbors was how he was the missing piece and was going to take them all the way. Gee...now even Cub fans are getting embarrassed by him...and god only knows what it takes to embarrass a Cub fan.

juddling

:cheers :drink :lol: