Walmart clerk abducted from Tyler, Texas

Steff

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145053,00.html

Teen's Abduction Caught on Tape; $10,000 Reward for Info

Friday, January 21, 2005

TYLER, Texas — A clerk abducted from a Wal-Mart (search) Supercenter was sought Friday by East Texas law officers who said a surveillance videotape showed a man lurking around the entrance before the victim was attacked as she tried to drive away from the store's parking lot.

Megan Leann Holden (search), 19, of Henderson was reported missing Thursday morning when she did not return home from her shift.

The FBI (search) has joined the investigation, police said. They said a $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to her location or to her abductor.

Tyler police spokesman Don Martin said the tape shows a man wearing a long, dark coat and cap and carrying a duffel bag loitering around the front entrance to the store.

"The surveillance tape then shows Megan getting into her truck and the suspect running up behind her and either hitting her or pushing her," he said. "Then the vehicle drives off."

Martin, the Police Department's public information officer, said an East Texas Medical Center helicopter crew was searching the area for the 2002 pickup and officers were are also driving around the area.

"We are actively pursuing leads and have teams out looking for her and the truck," he said.

UPDATE per CNN:

Megan's truck was found at a hospital in Arizona, but she has not been found yet. A black male was seen getting out of the truck at the hospital where he checked himself in for a gun shot wound. Officials are talking to him right now.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145053,00.html

Teen's Abduction Caught on Tape; $10,000 Reward for Info

Friday, January 21, 2005

TYLER, Texas — A clerk abducted from a Wal-Mart (search) Supercenter was sought Friday by East Texas law officers who said a surveillance videotape showed a man lurking around the entrance before the victim was attacked as she tried to drive away from the store's parking lot.

Megan Leann Holden (search), 19, of Henderson was reported missing Thursday morning when she did not return home from her shift.

The FBI (search) has joined the investigation, police said. They said a $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to her location or to her abductor.

Tyler police spokesman Don Martin said the tape shows a man wearing a long, dark coat and cap and carrying a duffel bag loitering around the front entrance to the store.

"The surveillance tape then shows Megan getting into her truck and the suspect running up behind her and either hitting her or pushing her," he said. "Then the vehicle drives off."

Martin, the Police Department's public information officer, said an East Texas Medical Center helicopter crew was searching the area for the 2002 pickup and officers were are also driving around the area.

"We are actively pursuing leads and have teams out looking for her and the truck," he said.

Man that's scary!! I don't know if it's like the premeditation of it all or what...but it's chilling. When they catch that guyhe needs to be spend the rest of his life in a cell. That kidna of s*** makes my blood boil...that poor girl....I hope this turns out ok.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
UPDATE per CNN:

Megan's truck was found at a hospital in Arizona, but she has not been found yet. A black male was seen getting out of the truck at the hospital where he checked himself in for a gun shot wound. Officials are talking to him right now.

I hope they dont patch him up until he gives them all the informatin they need. He can bleed to death if he doesn't.

He shows up 800 miles away! What did he do with her?

My theory: She had a gun ( Has anyone talked to the family?), she decided to not pull it out right away and waited until there were on the road, shot him and jumped out. But where is she now? In the desert? Was he not wounded too bad and was able to beat her up and leave her in a ditch. If I were them I'd have people driving every possible route between the two points.

:pray :pray :pray

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
He shows up 800 miles away! What did he do with her?

My theory: She had a gun ( Has anyone talked to the family?), she decided to not pull it out right away and waited until there were on the road, shot him and jumped out. But where is she now? In the desert? Was he not wounded too bad and was able to beat her up and leave her in a ditch. If I were them I'd have people driving every possible route between the two points.

:pray  :pray  :pray

Apparently it's 1200 miles now. The police are talking to the family but they haven't said anything about what they've told them. I like your theory.. but, in case no one noticed.. she was abducted Wednesday night. :huh If she's in a ditch in the desert.. I can't imagine she's in good shape.

Tex, MOS.. have you guys heard anything about this on the news down there the past day & 1/2...?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Apparently it's 1200 miles now. The police are talking to the family but they haven't said anything about what they've told them. I like your theory.. but, in case no one noticed.. she was abducted Wednesday night.  :huh  If she's in a ditch in the desert.. I can't imagine she's in good shape.

Tex, MOS.. have you guys heard anything about this on the news down there the past day & 1/2...?

Yeah, at first they were saying last night and then they updated it to Wed night. I guess the silver lining would be it's not too cold if she is indeed injured in a ditch. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Update:

His name is Johnny Williams, and he claims to be shot by a latino at a car wash. He has minor wounds from the gun shot and LE is questioning him.

Not looking good...  :pray

I agree. A gunshot wounds implies a struggle. He was a lot bigger and stronger than here and he has shown up at a hospital. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise.

Update:

Johnny Williams reportedly tried to hold up someone in an RV park and was shot by someone in that park in self defense.

Police say the body was found 4 hours from Tyler. She was shot.

Effing asshole. :angry:

Per Gary Swindle, Tyler Texas Police. Speaking on CNN now:

Her body was found 400 miles west from where she was abducted in Stanton, TX.

She was found visible off the side of the highway.

The MF'er apparently just tossed her out of the car. God.. this just pisses me off to no end!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Per Gary Swindle, Tyler Texas Police. Speaking on CNN now:

Her body was found 400 miles west from where she was abducted in Stanton, TX.

She was found visible off the side of the highway.

The MF'er apparently just tossed her out of the car. God.. this just pisses me off to no end!

Yep me too. But I don't believe there is really anything you can do with the body after murder that wouldn't piss decent people off.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
This asshole needs to fry.  Don't kill him right away though, in fact, keep him alive as long as possible while inflicting maximum pain.

Unfortunately he picked Texas to kill someone in. He should getting his place in Huntsville anytime now.