Bill Cosby.. a bit touchy feely..?

Steff

Police said a woman alleged she complained to Cosby about having stress and tension, and he gave her some pills that made her dizzy.

According to a police report, the woman said her memory is poor from that night but she does recall Cosby allegedly touching her breast and placing her hand on his genitals.

The alleged victim claimed she awoke about 4 a.m. with her clothing in disarray and bra undone. She allegedly drove herself home.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4113118/detail.html

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there something like this on him a few  years ago? Or some other personal scandal?

I think that was a woman claiming that she was his daughter and trying to extort $$ from him. I don't remember what the outcome was though.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I think that was a woman claiming that she was his daughter and trying to extort $$ from him. I don't remember what the outcome was though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
This alleged event happened about a year ago.  I smell a rat.

But she did immediately report it. Why it's taken so long to come out is an interesting mystery though..

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Police said a woman alleged she complained to Cosby about having stress and tension, and he gave her some pills that made her dizzy.

According to a police report, the woman said her memory is poor from that night but she does recall Cosby allegedly touching her breast and placing her hand on his genitals.

The alleged victim claimed she awoke about 4 a.m. with her clothing in disarray and bra undone. She allegedly drove herself home.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4113118/detail.html

Ohh Grandpa... :rolly

First of all, she reported it to Canadian police on January 13th of this year.

Second of all, he got his doctorate from UMass, not Pitt.

Lastly, just because he gave her pills doesn't mean that's why she was "dizzy". What she is implying is that he gave her a date rape drug. I don't know the man very well but I question whether a man who's almost 70 years old has a stash of GHB for special occasions such as this.

And anyway if he did touch her like she says he did, who knows what she consented to but somehow can't remember. Maybe she was drunk, maybe it was GHB, who knows. But waiting a year to report it makes it his word against hers. If she had reported it right away they could have run tests or something.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
And anyway if he did touch her like she says he did, who knows what she consented to but somehow can't remember.  Maybe she was drunk, maybe it was GHB, who knows. 

Legally, you can't give consent when you're drunk.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Legally, you can't give consent when you're drunk.

Well I assume you would have to be legally drunk for the consent to not be legal. But there aren't many rock solid ways of knowing whether someone was legally drunk at the time.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Well I assume you would have to be legally drunk for the consent to not be legal.  But there aren't many rock solid ways of knowing whether someone was legally drunk at the time.

True, I just wanted to point that out.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Sorry Spiff.. I read that she reported it to the Canadian police when it happened and they waited to report it to the US officials. My bad..

It's no big deal, I didn't mean it as any kind of reprimand, more to clear up the facts for people who read the thread without reading the article.