Inauguration

POTUSChris

Hey guys!

I went to the Inauguration yesterday, and I thought I would share some of my pictures with you in case there are other political nerds here like me. :) I didn't see a thread for yesterday's events so I hope it's cool that I started one. Anyhoo, I was at the Oath of Office. My friends and I stood about 150 - 200 feet from the President which was awesome considering I didn't even have tickets until late Sunday night. I also went to the parade which was fun but cold. All of the pictures are pretty big especially the second one.

President Bush taking the Oath of Office

President Bush giving his inaugural speech

President's limo

Enjoy!

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Thanks.  I took a ton more and put more on my website, but those were some of my faves. :)

If you don't mind, could you PM me the website, if you don't wanna post it, I'd be interested in seeing more of the photos.

If not, no big deal.

Absolutely hilarious video of the Bush Whoring Network (FOX News) whining about critics of the inauguration...

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2663486?htv=12

$40 mil for an inauguration when we got troops without adequate supplies in the war -- she's got a point.

Sorry if I threadjack, just saw an inauguration thread and didn't wanna make a new one.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Absolutely hilarious video of the Bush Whoring Network (FOX News) whining about critics of the inauguration...

$40 mil for an inauguration when we got troops without adequate supplies in the war -- she's got a point.

Sorry if I threadjack, just saw an inauguration thread and didn't wanna make a new one.

:D

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)

I love how this 40 million dollar figure is paraded around.

THE MONEY WAS RAISED BY PRIVATE DONATIONS AND TICKET SALES!!

You make it sound like this money was taken from money allocated for defense spending.

But wait, you want to see the defense budget cut by 15% ( something you've posted many many times around here ). Now who wants to take money away from the troops? Hypocrite.

The troops don't need the likes of you with your anti-war bulls*** looking out for them. If you truly want to support the troops you can say "thanks" and nothing else. Feigning support for servicemen/servicewomen and using a phony concern for our welfare is both not welcome and shameful especially when 30 years ago your ilk was spitting on American troops returning from Vietnam. If the radical left acted the way they really feel about our soldiers they'd still be spitting on us.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Nuke -- prominent sociologists have looked back at the Vietnam war and can find not one published case of an anti-war protester spitting on a soldier. All their research that could be uncovered actually showed most of the belligerance coming at the hands of people who attacked anti-war protesters. Jerry Lembcke published "The Spitting Image: Myth, Media and the Legacy of Viet Nam." In all the research done, there were ZERO cases of soldiers being spit upon.

And Nuke, there is historical precedent for not having a lavish party during war time. Just because they raked in $40 mil doesn't mean that it all has to go to his party. I'm sure the donators wouldn't mind that their money assisted the war effort since the GOP has a monopoly on support of the troops.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Nuke -- prominent sociologists have looked back at the Vietnam war and can find not one published case of an anti-war protester spitting on a soldier.  All their research that could be uncovered actually showed most of the belligerance coming at the hands of people who attacked anti-war protesters.  Jerry Lembcke published "The Spitting Image: Myth, Media and the Legacy of Viet Nam."  In all the research done, there were ZERO cases of soldiers being spit upon.

And Nuke, there is historical precedent for not having a lavish party during war time.  Just because they raked in $40 mil doesn't mean that it all has to go to his party.  I'm sure the donators wouldn't mind that their money assisted the war effort since the GOP has a monopoly on support of the troops.

I believe that the spitting on soldiers was a myth as much as I belive the holocost was a myth.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
The only point they have to espouse is that "Bush sucks" but what else is new?

Please. wino was just reiterating what a number political analysts - even Righties like Peggy Noonan - have said: the speech was well written and poorly/uninspiringly delivered.

And Bush does suck.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Please.  wino was just reiterating what a number political analysts - even Righties like Peggy Noonan - have said: the speech was well written and poorly/uninspiringly delivered.

And Bush does suck.

That's what you think. You, however, are in the minority. Get used to it.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Nuke -- prominent sociologists have looked back at the Vietnam war and can find not one published case of an anti-war protester spitting on a soldier.  All their research that could be uncovered actually showed most of the belligerance coming at the hands of people who attacked anti-war protesters.  Jerry Lembcke published "The Spitting Image: Myth, Media and the Legacy of Viet Nam."  In all the research done, there were ZERO cases of soldiers being spit upon.

And Nuke, there is historical precedent for not having a lavish party during war time.  Just because they raked in $40 mil doesn't mean that it all has to go to his party.  I'm sure the donators wouldn't mind that their money assisted the war effort since the GOP has a monopoly on support of the troops.

Just becaue it wasn't published in the papers doesn't mean it didn't happen. Your little book is a bunch of f***ing bulls*** too. When you see footage of soldiers getting off the plane and having a throng of protestors yelling "baby killer", "murderer" and a bunch of other vile crap that speaks a lot louder than some leftist assclowns little book.