Blue Collar Comedy Tour

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm neither here nor there on them.

I find them funny in this order:

Ron White

Bill Engvall

Larry The Cable Guy

Jeff Foxworthy

I think Jeff Foxworthy is way funnier then Larry the Cable guy (not that it's saying much considering Larry the Cable guy is an example of the lowest common denominator of comedy.)

Ron White is the funniest part of the entire thing and his absence is the reason their TV show isn't that great.

Its funny that I happened to notice this thread. I got this on DVD for Christmas and totally forgot about it. I have never taken it out of the plastic wrapper. I'll have to check it out.

I have never seen their TV show, but I met Larry the Cable Guy a few years ago. He came to a Barons game when he was in town performing and a mutual friend introduced us. I couldn't go to see him that night, so I have never seen his act.

Guess I need to get to watching the DVD, huh?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
I think Jeff Foxworthy is way funnier then Larry the Cable guy (not that it's saying much considering Larry the Cable guy is an example of the lowest common denominator of comedy.)

Ron White is the funniest part of the entire thing and his absence is the reason their TV show isn't that great.

I just can't take that "...you might be a redneck" garbage, that's why Foxworthy is so low on my scale.

White and Engvall are actually fairly funny.

Can somebody....anybody...please explain to me that Larry The Cableguy crap to me? Please? That friggin' "Git her done" crap is stupid. Everybody I talk to says that it is his catchphrase, like Martin's "Excuse me", but Martin used it in context. This friggin' moron drops it whenever he feels like it, and the place goes crazy. "So I was eating a donut...GIT 'ER DONE!" and the place goes crazy. :banghead Man, that guy just sucks. Foxworthy has been running a joke almost as long as Gallagher, but atleast Gallagher runs some funny observations at times, and if you are in the first few roads you might get some dinner out of it.

The other guys on that Redneck extravaganza seem O.K., and I laughed at a few bits that they did. But that Larry guy, good Lord, that just ain't right.

Can we exhume Bill Hicks? Even in his present state I am sure he would be a hell of a lot better than these friggin' idiots.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
I just can't take that "...you might be a redneck" garbage, that's why Foxworthy is so low on my scale.

White and Engvall are actually fairly funny.

Gotta hand it to Foxworthy, he's cruised into millions with different variations of a 1 liners. He's like the new Gallagher. I just keep thinking of the Bill Hicks bit about Gallagher on the world tour in Somalia. :lol:

http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/or...18897984021.xml -- Gallagher whining that he is the 100th best comedian of all time according to Comedy Central since he believes that Leno, Letterman and the others on the list are no-names. And I'm pretty sure he calls his smashing fruit with a mallet "heroic or moral" in a roundabout way.. :lol: :o :bang

The Blue Collar Comedy team are no Kinison, Hicks, or Pryor but then again...who is?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Can somebody....anybody...please explain to me that Larry The Cableguy crap to me? Please? That friggin' "Git her done" crap is stupid. Everybody I talk to says that it is his catchphrase, like Martin's "Excuse me", but Martin used it in context. This friggin' moron drops it whenever he feels like it, and the place goes crazy. "So I was eating a donut...GIT 'ER DONE!" and the place goes crazy.  :banghead  Man, that guy just sucks. Foxworthy has been running a joke almost as long as Gallagher, but atleast Gallagher runs some funny observations at times, and if you are in the first few roads you might get some dinner out of it.

The other guys on that Redneck extravaganza seem O.K., and I laughed at a few bits that they did. But that Larry guy, good Lord, that just ain't right.

Can we exhume Bill Hicks? Even in his present state I am sure he would be a hell of a lot better than these friggin' idiots.

I find Larry's "Toddler Mail" and some of his metaphors moderately amusing. He's not one of the comedy greats but he can be moderately amusing at times.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Oh come on...his "you might be" has got to be like a 14 year old girl saying "like"! He just can't help it. He seriously has learned to stop that???

yeah. he didn't do it much in the first one either except at the end when they were together as a group and the crowd urged him to. iirc.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
He actually doesnt do any of that in "Rides Again"

Doesn't matter, he had already earned a lifetime ban and a scarlet letter for that crap routine.

He'd need to deliver something better than "Bring The Pain" to get out of the hole he dug, and I don't think he's got that kind of funny in him...