Does Hanson really suck?

AngelasDaddy0427

Back when they first came out, a bunch of us were sitting around watching TV, and Hanson was going to be on. My buddy, who is hands down the best drummer I have ever known or worked with, and one of the best musicians I have ever known, was sitting on the edge of his seat awaiting the rip-fest he was planning after watching them live. Well, they finished, he sat back in his seat and sighed. He was seriously bummed, as the drummer kid proved to be a solid drummer. They are all great musicians, and as long as they are no longer the freak show they were in the beginning, they stand to only get better with age. Once they fully decide to use their talents, and avoid pure silly Pop (which they may already be doing) they will be a solid band. But there are no tricks with them, they do it all themselves. Write it, record, perform it all. How many Top 10 bands that kids are listening to can you say that about nowdays?

So in the end, no, they don't "suck", but they not be your thing.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
I just remember the Family Guy bit where Quagmire was talking about how hot they are and the look on his face after they told him Hanson was an all guy band.   :lol:

No, Peter was asking which girl the four men (Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland, and Joe) would like to spend their life with stranded somewhere and Quagmire said Taylor Hanson. Cleveland said Hanson was a guy and Quagmire couldn't believe it! :lol:

I can see why Taylor looks more like a girl then the other two. Saw them on MTV Cribs and geez I thought it was girl walking in and it was him.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
let me see. 

They all play their own instruments. Check.

They all write their own music. Check

They can sing. Check

Maybe they're not your cup of tea, but they clearly aren't appraoching the Ashlee Simpson level of suckitude.

They're kinda like warm beer. They're alright but you really wish that they could be a lot cooler.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
let me see. 

They all play their own instruments. Check.

They all write their own music. Check

They can sing. Check

Maybe they're not your cup of tea, but they clearly aren't appraoching the Ashlee Simpson level of suckitude.

i have to give them props at least for all the these things mentioned

at least they do more than some of the crap that comes out nowadays

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
i have to give them props at least for all the these things mentioned

at least they do more than some of the crap that comes out nowadays

on the other hand though, its sad that we are now pleased just because musicians are doing what they are supposed to do.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
on the other hand though, its sad that we are now pleased just because musicians are doing what they are supposed to do.

But it is just taking into consideration the type of music they play. "Just playing your own instrument...etc." would NEVER be enough for a band in my style of music. But in a style that has become so much of a sham as the Pop industry has, this becomes something to give an artist "points", but it isn't just that they play the instruments, it is also that they are actually good at playing those instruments, and they are one of the few Pop bands doing it all.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
But it is just taking into consideration the type of music they play. "Just playing your own instrument...etc." would NEVER be enough for a band in my style of music. But in a style that has become so much of a sham as the Pop industry has, this becomes something to give an artist "points", but it isn't just that they play the instruments, it is also that they are actually good at playing those instruments, and they are one of the few Pop bands doing it all.

i realize that, but it still seems a bit absurd that so many succesful people in the music industry aren't even musicians.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
i realize that, but it still seems a bit absurd that so many succesful people in the music industry aren't even musicians.

That is why I hate American Idol so much. So what you can sing. What about all the people who can sing and play and instrument.