Ray-ray who?

BrandoFan

It's nice to "make friends".. but it doesn't cloud judgement when it comes to winning the game. Ray was definitely NOT the best lead-off hitter, nor the best second basemen.. but he wasn't the worst either. Ray's accomplishments in seven years can NOT be compared to those of someone who's been on the roster.. what.. a month? Sorry I got off track, but that was my point. If he goes out there.. bats .300, hits in 30 hr's and 150 rbi's I'll LOVE him as a player. As a person.. no thanks. I've been a fan of this team long enough to know what's important. Unfortunate for him.. attitude IS important. Which is why he will likely not go very far.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

steff...im backing ya 100% ...ray was one of my favorites and id rate him probably the 3rd or 4th best 2nd baseman in baseball right now

btw...to back up what steff said about jimenez being a little s***...ask HSC what he was like in ST when she said hi to him and go to the padres board and see all the problems he had there...

steff can you post a link to the story where he trashed durham??..i want to read exactly what he said because if its as bad as you say it is he is in for a serious booing next time im at comiskey...not that he'd care judging from his checkered past

From his mouth to my ears baggs. But like all clubhouse problems, it'll come out soon enough. And when Baltimore rolls into town we can all get together and you can hear it from another player who's known him a few years and can tell you all kinds of wonderful things about him and his s***ty attitude. He's said many not so nice things about many people. His "my s*** don't stink" attitude is unreal.

As for the booing.. during ST he was booed. As a result he told a group of kids to shut up. Definitely a class act.

So his trashing of Durham is all hearsay :huh: ?

No.. it's from his mouth to my ears. Believe it or don't. No sweat. But if you get close enough to him.. ask him what he said about Ray on the 11th tee at Star pass the afternoon after he got so drunk on Tequila shots he pissed in the middle of the parking lot at the taco bell. His response was in reaction to the question... "why are you wearing #5, I thought you had picked #2?"

He had issues, yes. But he did not suck.

Exactly right, too. I wanted to like him as a player more than I did but he certainly did not deserve ever to be trashed. I never understood people who got on his case. He gave us some great moments and he deserves our appreciation.

That said, I think Jiminez will develop into a solid player and I do not mind that D'Angelo is playing in place of Durham.

I know what it is like to be friends with a player who gets traded. When Earl Averill, Jr. was traded away by the Sox, and moved away, he took with him his son and my childhood best friend. EA III. And being an off season trade I never even got a chance to say goodbye.

Your best friend moved away without saying goodbye? :unsure:

Guest hotsoxchick1
steff can you post a link to the story where he trashed durham??..i want to read exactly what he said because if its as bad as you say it is he is in for a serious booing next time im at comiskey

Please..... this is the first I'm hearing of this.

And please tell us what he said or didn't say HSC.

killa all i can tell ya is what i had heard from a few friends of mine in the clubhouse.. (you know who they would be)...and they said that he has an attitude problem.. the only difference between him and royce is the fact that hes not f***ing franks ex just yet........he walks around like hes a God and talks like hes the only one who does anything on the team........quite frankly a few of them are tired of it already.........time will take care of it i assume though.............or at least they seem to think so........but thats all i have heard about him.....

well i read where the padres just ripped jimenez a new ass hole this ST..nevin and klesko both said he was such a s***ty teammate that he was shunned by the entire padre clubhouse...klesko said , ron gant , who at the time was like a 15 year vet and gant is considered one of the class acts in baseball , went up to jimenez and tried to talk to him about all his problems and i believe klesko (or maybe it was nevin) said jimenez told gant in a not so nice way to get his washed up butt out of his face or something like that

this is in print..you guys who are really good at searching stuff could probably find the link...

If he goes out there.. bats .300, hits in 30 hr's and 150 rbi's I'll LOVE him as a player

Because as we all know Ray has had many a 150 RBI season

St. Ray of Durham indeed.

DJ is not a nice guy? What a shock...As long as he doesn't mess with kids or abuse women, I couldn't give a s*** about off-field.

Guest hotsoxchick1
If he goes out there.. bats .300, hits in 30 hr's and 150 rbi's I'll LOVE him as a player

DJ is not a nice guy? What a shock...As long as he doesn't mess with kids or abuse women, I couldn't give a s*** about off-field.

true i could give a s*** what he does in the off time.. but if hes a distraction in the clubhouse and everyone wants to knock his lights out that hardly makes a good team atmosphere..... i would rather he be gone than cause that.................mho.........

Jiminez, apparently, has a past that suggests he has some issues with his teammates. Let's hope it's just youthful cockiness, and he grows out of it soon. Odds are, that won't happen, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for Ray Durham, he was and still is a very good all around baseball player. I respect his abilities and his game. He could score 200 runs hitting in front of Bonds this year. I wish him well in Frisco.

Guest hotsoxchick1
After two years of Clayton and pre-re-dedicated  Thomas, the Sox can whether any personal storm.

I s'ppose Belle, Cordero, Caruso, Navarro, Parque were all boyscouts, too.

they had their merit badges properly displayed..............lol.............. :D they also had time in service.. something which young mr. jimenez has not .........he had better be able to back up that cocky attitude or you know the fans will crusify him before his teamates get the chance to...........lol. lol.lol.. :headbang

true i could give a s*** what he does in the off time.. but if hes a distraction in the clubhouse and everyone wants to knock his lights out that hardly makes a good team atmosphere..... i would rather he be gone than cause that.................mho.........

Thanks HSC.. I tried to make this point. Perhaps there's a little comprehension issue..... :huh: