Official 2005 Chicago Snow Storm thread

Brian

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
Hey QP, i didn't know you lived around alsip?

Do you live in the mt. greenwood area or something?

I'm in Mount Greenwood (a couple blocks behind bourbon st). From where I am at, if I go a block in one direction, I am in Garden Homes, if I go a couple blocks in another, I am in Merionette Park (sp?) and a couple blocks in yet, another direction, I am in Alsip.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
I heard over the news that NYC is expecting around 20 inches of snow this weekend.

Ugh!

These pussies act like 20 inches is a lot. I was out spinning my car around to closed stores looking for cigars last night. I had to spend the night in a hotel, my company needed people who could come in for today.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
I don't know how much snow we got here (upstate NY), but it was enough to reach onto my car doors.

And, I know that as an enviromentalist I shouldn't say this, but: FRIGGIN SALT PEOPLE! The roads are disgusting here, SALT THEM.

When the temperature drops below 20 degrees, salt doesn't really work.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
You don't find it funny that they acted like there was a national emergency going on for 1 inch of snow?

They don't have tons of salt and snow removal equipment. They also don't have to wait till April for it to melt. They save millions of dollars by waiting a couple of days for a warm up and sunshine. Yet Chicago could have snowpiles in parking lots till late April.

Now that is what I find funny.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Oh PLEASE....

17 snowflakes and your entire state shuts down..... :headshake  :P

Yes, sir and damn proud of it. Our first White Christmas in recorded history and out local paper produced an eight page special section with photos and weather service screen shots.

104 degrees, and your state opens up shelters.

Over the weekend I heard that NYC had 'put a stop to vacations and ordered all city streets and sanitation employees back to work'. Can you imagine getting back to the hotel after a day at the beach and a night of partying and getting a message from your boss demanding that you go back to work, LMAO. :finger