Jason Williams Announcer

The UAB Memphis game on ESPN2 this afternoon is being announced by Jason Williams, formerly of Duke and the Bulls. Good to see him with a job. I wonder if this means he has given up on returning to basketball as a player or at the very least it's looking doubtful for him. Anybody know if this is a one shot deal or has he been announcing more games this year?

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
The UAB Memphis game on ESPN2 this afternoon is being announced by Jason Williams, formerly of Duke and the Bulls. Good to see him with a job. I wonder if this means he has given up on returning to basketball as a player or at the very least it's looking doubtful for him. Anybody know if this is a one shot deal or has he been announcing more games this year?

He has announced a few other games on espn 2 this year. He also has said he wants to come back last month or so of this year. If no one offers him a job this year he will try again next year.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I dont really see a spot for him on the bulls uniform.... but i absolutely love the guy... he just made one realllllly bad mistake. Never gonna forget the triple-double he put up against jason kidd. I hope he goes anywhere but NY or LA

Well, the bulls and him have a mutual agreement that he would have the first crack at the bulls. They won't have williams or pargo next year so i think there may be a spot for him.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I dont really see a spot for him on the bulls uniform.... but i absolutely love the guy... he just made one realllllly bad mistake. Never gonna forget the triple-double he put up against jason kidd. I hope he goes anywhere but NY or LA

As a duke fan Jay is one of my favorites if not my favorite player ever, I loved watching the guy in college, just one hell of a talent. I really hope he lands on his feet somewhere, like you said he made one real bad mistake.

I hope that the bulls can find a spot for him somewhere... but considering that the bulls are chock full of 6ish foot gaurds... i just dont know if the price is going to be right for him. but considering how management treated him in his settlement... id hope that jay would reciporcate and come here at a very reasonable price. I read somewhere "I think on his diary" that he recently dunked which is great news.