The Twins stole our theme...

greasywheels121

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
They should have just used something catchy like "3 time defending division champs."

That's their radio/tv campaign, iirc from living there. 'Back to back to back champions'

QUOTE(El Caballo @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
I would think that the MLB makes all of its club sites dont you think? So in a way, the Twins didnt steal our font, the designers for MLB just used similar font for Twins.

Actually each site is run individual under MLB supervision but still has its owner designer and webmaster.

Since this is a Twin related thread let me ask this question.

A cub fan I know suggested the Cub would sell-out if they moved to the burbs & into a 50K stadium. I said no. I said you have to consider that if the Cub move out another MLB team is going to want to play in Wrigley. The Cubune would have to probably sell Wrigley to the ISFA in order to get approval for their new place. That would mean the new Wrigley occupant would rent the stadium from the ISFA. With that being the case I think it's a given Selig would approve the move.

Which team would move to Wrigley? I say Twins.

Cubs move to Schaumburg or Addison

Twins move to Wrigley & the NL

Sox stay at the Cell

Pitts, & Milwaukee join the AL.

Rays move into Rollerdome

Royals join the ALW

New Cub division is:

STL, Cub, Twins, Astros, Cin

New NYY division is:

NYY, BOS, Pitts, Bal, Tor

New Sox division is:

Sox, Cle, Milw, Det, Rays

New Oak division is:

Oak, Sea, Tex, ANA, KCR

15 in AL, 15 in NL

The Cub might never win a World Series again! :D

You can't have an odd number of teams in each division. One team would be left without an opponent for each series.

Unless you had interleague play all year long...

It would actually help standardize the schedule doing away with the terrible two & 1 game series that exist now with these crazy off days. Every series would be a 3 gm series. Each team would play 54 series.

Ex: Sox

vs ALC: 4 teams, 7 series = 28

vs ALW: 5 teams, 2 series = 10

vs ALE : 5 teams, 2 series = 10

vs NL : 6 teams, 1 series = 6

Just over 1/2 of the series will be against division rivals. The way it should be.

The Cubs would consume 2 of the 6 teams for the Sox. Throughout the year there would be 54 IL matchups. About 9 a month. That still allows 126 IL matchups during the exclusive play period in June.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
It would actually help standardize the schedule doing away with the terrible two & 1 game series that exist now with these crazy off days.  Every series would be a 3 gm series.  Each team would play 54 series. 

Ex: Sox

vs ALC: 4 teams, 7 series = 28

vs ALW: 5 teams, 2 series = 10

vs ALE : 5 teams, 2 series = 10

vs NL : 6 teams, 1 series = 6

Just over 1/2 of the series will be against division rivals.  The way it should be.

The Cubs would consume 2 of the 6 teams for the Sox. Throughout the year there would be 54 IL matchups.  About 9 a month.  That still allows 126 IL matchups during the exclusive play period in June.

You kinda missed the point. Let me write it out for you.

Here are some matchups I just threw together using the 15 AL teams you listed.

NYY vs BOS

Pitts vs Bal

Tor vs Sox

Cle vs Milw

Det vs Rays

Oak vs Sea

Tex vs ANA

KCR vs ???

Who are the Royals supposed to play? The NL team that doesn't have an opponent???

You have to have an even number of teams in each league or else you will have this situation every single day...