Coffee Makers

Texsox

I hate coffee pots. I just replaced my old one because the brew hold, pour and go, whatever function would fail and water, coffee, and grounds would spill all over my counter. The new one, a different design and manufacturer, is doing the same &^$$*( thing.

Who loves their coffee maker? What brand, model?

I don't drink coffee, although I really should start, I need the energy in the morning, lately I haven't beeng etting up til midday - 1, although this will change when I go back to Uni, but I'm finding myself dead for a few hours after I get up anyways.

Cusinart has take over as the #1 coffee pot, IMO. They are a bit pricey.. but well worth it, again - IMO. We have the stainless 12 cup one.. about $130, iirc.

As a matter of fact.. all their appliances are awesome. IMO.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
In all seriousness, I'd like to get peoples' input on a quality coffee maker that's not too over the top price-wise.  Bunn used to be the creme-de-la-creme, but you can't find them any more.

I saw a Bunn coffee maker in Sears recently. Just FYI.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
I hate coffee pots. I just replaced my old one because the brew hold, pour and go, whatever function would fail and water, coffee, and grounds would spill all over my counter. The new one, a different design and manufacturer, is doing the same &^$$*(  thing.

Who loves their coffee maker? What brand, model?

You're supposed to empty what was left over from the day before! Duh! :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
You're supposed to empty what was left over from the day before! Duh!  :lol:

:lolhitting :finger

What happens is the water backs up in the filter basket and overflows everything. Then I come here and am nasty to people. I may even throw a couple cups of water and ice on someone I meet.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
:lolhitting  :finger

What happens is the water backs up in the filter basket and overflows everything. Then I come here and am nasty to people. I may even throw a couple cups of water and ice on someone I meet.

:bringit

Seriously, though, how many times have you really done that? I'll start the coffee, get in the shower and when I get out, I've got coffee all over the counter and floor. To make matters worse, I have half stale coffee to drink all day or start a new pot and be late for work.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
:bringit

Seriously, though, how many times have you really done that? I'll start the coffee, get in the shower and when I get out, I've got coffee all over the counter and floor.

Ummm... zero. :ph34r:

:lolhitting

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Tea is where its at...throw a cup of water in the microwave, put a teabag in and whammo -- instant crazy caffeine high to wake you up in the morning.

is that what your avatar is on?? :lolhitting

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Tea is where its at...throw a cup of water in the microwave, put a teabag in and whammo -- instant crazy caffeine high to wake you up in the morning.

Tea? You panzy!

I've been using the same damn coffee maker for 10+ years now. It makes crappy coffee, but with the prices that these damn things run lately, forget it. The stuff Starbucks sells may as well be sold at an airport with as overpriced as they make it.

Luckily there is a donut shop by my house that makes some of the best coffee out there, and they only charge $1.00 for a 20oz. cup! I can't even get that price from the crappy gas station coffee!

Oh, and I am a decaf drinker, so if I don't get my coffee, I am fine. :bringit

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
I've been using the same damn coffee maker for 10+ years now. It makes crappy coffee, but with the prices that these damn things run lately, forget it. The stuff Starbucks sells may as well be sold at an airport with as overpriced as they make it.

Luckily there is a donut shop by my house that makes some of the best coffee out there, and they only charge $1.00 for a 20oz. cup! I can't even get that price from the crappy gas station coffee!

Oh, and I am a decaf drinker, so if I don't get my coffee, I am fine.  :bringit

Jim and I both can't stand Starbucks coffee. It's gross. In the mornings we get White Hen coffee.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
I love mine!  Hamilton Beach 12 cup coffee maker - best one I have ever owned.

My coffee pot

I would have put a picture here, but I can't attach it any way I try.

Thats the one I am planning on getting. Some reviews claim it leaks from the dispensing seal and the electronic clocks shorts easily with all the condensation that runs down the back.

It has more to do with the COFFEE that you use rather then the machine you make it in. Buy the coffee from the place you like, make it at home, you'll get the same thing.

If you buy crappy coffee and have the girl at Starbucks make it for you in their machine, it's still gonna taste like crappy coffee.