Kenny's Report Card

Controlled Chaos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
I am giving him 3 grades

A- for effort, and keeping his word of changing the make-up of this team.

B- for the actually players..

Final Grades are due in October.

I agree with your thinking here. ............ Which I find disturbing for some reason. :lol:

KW earns a C- so far from me which has dropped from the B+ he had last week.

Why you may be asking? Because he has yet to close the bigger hole on this team. He needs to trade Willie to make room for a middle infielder or he needs to send Willie down to AAA and sign a middle infielder. Either way until one of those happens I just can't give him a higher grade...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)

Why you may be asking? Because he has yet to close the bigger hole on this team. He needs to trade Willie to make room for a middle infielder or he needs to send Willie down to AAA and sign a middle infielder. Either way until one of those happens I just can't give him a higher grade...

So he dropped that far with the signing of a Japanese call star for 1/3 of his original asking price? :huh:

He couldn't afford to move Willie until the Iguchi deal was done. That also is true of the utility infielder addition. KW needed to know what his roster was going to look likew before filling in the missing pieces.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
I see so taking the first step penalizes someone.  I guess KW should have just sat on his thumbs and kept his B+

Your missing the point. He took the easiest step in signing the new guy. The harder part is getting rid of the guy you want gone.

Willie needs to go and a UIF needs to be brought in. Simple as that.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Your missing the point. He took the easiest step in signing the new guy. The harder part is getting rid of the guy you want gone.

I must be missing the point? SIGNING someone is the easy part? Since when? It seems to be it is always easier to get rid of someone than to to get someone. As far as I can tell it took months of negotiation to get Iguchi signed to a reasonable deal. It seems like it would be much easier to dump Harris on a team for a utility infielder than to sign a forgein player to a deal that is about 1/3rd of what he initially asked for, but I guess that is just me.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)

The final 25-man roster hasn't been set yet.

He can send Willie down to the minors and call up someone like Wilson Valdez(I hope I got that name right) to be a backup...

:violin :violin :violin

How did I know Jeckle was going to pissed off about Willie losing playing time? :rolly

I'd bet you would lower his grade even more if next week he traded Garland for a better starting pitcher.

I don't understand how anyone can rate Kenny lower than an A for this off-season. What more do you guys want? Jesus christ. Last season all we got was Juan Uribe, this year we have an entire different team, a team that is better defensively, and will be better on the basepaths. The bullpen and rotation are stronger as well.

Kenny did a hell of a job, and it's just plain stupid not to give him an A.

Good Job Kenny.

:cheers

CWSOX45