Bruce Levine discusses Iguchi and Willie

Jabroni

According to Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000, the White Sox had no personal contact with Iguchi. They used the MLB service I-Scout, which includes Japanese game film, to scout Iguchi. They also discussed Iguchi with Shingo and Shingo had some great words for him. Levine also said that he thinks Willie Harris' tenure with the White Sox is in jeopardy. He thinks Iguchi is our full-time starter at 2B in 2005. Another words, Willie will be traded.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
According to Bruce Levine, the White Sox had no personal contact with Iguchi. They used the MLB service I-Scout, which includes game film, to scout Iguchi. They also discussed Iguchi with Shingo and he had some good words for him.

Levine also said that he thinks Willie Harris' tenure with the White Sox may be coming to an end.  He thinks Iguchi is out full-time starter at 2B.

all he needed was to come to this board for his info. :snr

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
According to Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000, the White Sox had no personal contact with Iguchi. They used the MLB service I-Scout, which includes Japanese game film, to scout Iguchi. They also discussed Iguchi with Shingo and Shingo had some great words for him.  Levine also said that he thinks Willie Harris' tenure with the White Sox is in jeopardy.  He thinks Iguchi is our full-time starter at 2B in 2005.  Another words, Willie will be traded.

IMO it would be incredibly stupid for the Sox to keep Willie at this point.

Name some UIF who might be had for Willie? Can anything think of any?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
If we signed Iguchi just to get ride of Willie to STOP hawk from saying that, the signing is well worth its price.

Oh he'll find a way to say peapod, he'll call Spod peapod. NO wait he'll call him peepod.

Yeah its incredibly stupid for the Sox to keep a dirt cheap player around, when we can put all of our eggs into the Iguchi basket.

I hope Iguchi is outstanding, but to say it would be stupid to have a cheap plan B, I just dont understand.

For all the hate for Harris, I wonder why so many people dont hate Crede?

Ah well, I hope the Sox do not knee jerk sell Harris at the lowest possible price.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Yeah its incredibly stupid for the Sox to keep a dirt cheap player around, when we can put all of our eggs into the Iguchi basket.

I hope Iguchi is outstanding, but to say it would be stupid to have a cheap plan B, I just dont understand.

For all the hate for Harris, I wonder why so many people dont hate Crede?

Ah well, I hope the Sox do not knee jerk sell Harris at the lowest possible price.

SB

I have exactly the same feeling.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
I bet the Cardinals would have some interest in WIllie. They put up with Marlon Anderson and he is even worse. Tony loves guys who can play outfield and infield in the NL game. Could be a fit there. Maybe we could pick up a middle reliever for him.

they do have some decent middle relievers, we mind as well package timo with him

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
I bet the Cardinals would have some interest in WIllie. They put up with Marlon Anderson and he is even worse. Tony loves guys who can play outfield and infield in the NL game. Could be a fit there. Maybe we could pick up a middle reliever for him.

They signed both Grudz and Robbie Alomar (I think), as well as David Eckstein.

Perhaps there would be some interest.

They signed both Grudz and Robbie Alomar (I think), as well as David Eckstein.

Perhaps there would be some interest.

Robbie Alomar signed with the Devil Rays. The Cardinals have Eckstein at SS, Grudzielanek at 2B, and Hector Luna as their utility guy but they could still be interested in a lefty 2B like Willie since Grudzielanek is a righty.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
with this signing ive been wondering if maybe we might trade harris garland and a prospect for a decent starter

Easy there big fella.

We don't even know if Harris is going to be moved. I think Kenny has done a bang-up job this off-season and would lose a lot of people if he traded Garland.

Leave the rotation as is. Trade Harris in what promises to be a more than willing market.

I can't imagine there being a big market for Harris right now. As much as I despise him as a player, I think the Sox would be wise to hang on to him into spring training. Maybe this latest slap to his face ignites something inside him. I think Iguchi is going to be good, but he may struggle at least initially. Maybe the competition makes Harris play better, and at the very least, increases his trade value.