Spring Classes

The Bones

I'm taking a class at ISU this semester called Text and Context: Baseball as Metaphor. I'm excited about this because I'm already learning more about the history of baseball and my professor has seen a lot of cool stuff over the years. I'm reading the book You Know Me Al right now, pretty good stuff.

Anyone else got any good or bad things to say about their classes this semester yet?

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
GER-G 363 Deutsche Kulturgeschichte (Philosophie Meisterstück)

I am jealous! I keep saying I am going to go back to brush up/continue learning the German language, but haven't. Because of my job if/when I do get to take classes, I will be taking Spanish classes first.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
I'm taking a class at ISU this semester called Text and Context: Baseball as Metaphor. I'm excited about this because I'm already learning more about the history of baseball and my professor has seen a lot of cool stuff over the years. I'm reading the book You Know Me Al right now, pretty good stuff.

Anyone else got any good or bad things to say about their classes this semester yet?

I wish i were in that baseball class, insted i am in Pirates, Corsairs, and Swashbuckling through the ages

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
POLS-Y 107 Intro to Comparitive Politics

POLS-Y 200 Dynamics of Presidential Elections

MATH-M 118 Finite Mathematics (lol, simple)

GER-G 363 Deutsche Kulturgeschichte (Philosophie Meisterstück)

SLAV-R 123 Russian Short Fiction

Are you a german major? Ja? Es ist gut kaese?

Introduction to Teaching in a Diverse Middle School

Introduction to Special Education

Introduction to Sociocultural Anthropology

Content Area of Instruction (a.k.a. How to Work Word, Powerpoint, etc. -- mandatory class)

Early Adolescent Development

Social Research Method

I hate just about all my classes this semester. The only one that seems remotely interesting is my anthropology class -- the rest are mandatory education classes that we need to take and I have yet to learn one thing that I did not know in these classes. For f***'s sake, my sociology class spent 40 minutes on "Do you know what a dependent variable is?" and it's a high 300 level class. :chair

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
That class sounds awesome Bones.  What department is it in?  I might have to sign up for that since I have a cake schedule right now.

It's in Interdisciplinary Studies, IDS 121.19 to be exact, one of those Middle Core classes.

Other classes I'm taking now are...

American Diversity

First-Year Spanish

Social Science Reasoning Using Statistics

History of the Middle East

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
For f***'s sake, my sociology class spent 40 minutes on "Do you know what a dependent variable is?" and it's a high 300 level class. :chair

After a semester of me teaching intro-lab, I was STILL correcting Dep/Ind variables on the final paper. Some kids NEVER get it.

I'm taking Grad Stats II (sweeeeet), Language and Thought by analogy and similarities (or some other pretentious title), Sensation and Perception and I'm TBing (Teacher's b****) for an undergrad Perception class (not sweet). But my advisor and I are writing up our research from last term--and looking at new research areas. So that is HOTT.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)

Report in to us on what is happening in this class, if you don't mind. It sounds like it could be interesting.

Back in the day, when I was at ol Ohio U, I took "History of Baseball" one spring quarter. Sounds easy, but it wasn't... The Prof was the great Charles Alexander, who has written about 10 baseball books... Amazing class. Old time baseball, Ty Cobb and everything..

Your baseball class sounds really cool. So far my classes here at Ol' G-Dub this semester haven't excited me too much.

PSC 118 - Legislative Politics

ANTH 154 - Illness, Healing, and Culture

PSC 130 - Comparative Politics of Western Europe

PSYC 001 - General Psychology

PSC 192 - Constitutionalism

So far all those classes involve is a lot of reading and since I'm interning and working 22 hours a week that really kinda sucks. Oh well, at least this is my second to last semester. :)