Here's to Soxtalk.com

The Beast

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Depends on your definition of member #1919... 

The reason the newer members are over 2000, is because we had a registration glitch for a while, and people registered upto 10+ names while not realizing that they were doing so.  Most of those were deleted, while still having those member numbers held.  In reality, there are only 1919 names held on Soxtalk, including the banned numbers.

What about posters like Ncorgbl and Hotsoxchick? Their names are in red and you can't access their profiles. Do they count towards the number of members? :huh:

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
I found it interesting that you posted a lot of names and didn't include mine...

In all seriousness, good post but lay off the ass kissing for a while, would ya?

I'm sure it was an unintentional oversight on Beastly's part. ;)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
What about posters like Ncorgbl and Hotsoxchick?  Their names are in red and you can't access their profiles.  Do they count towards the number of members?  :huh:

I doubt it because they are un registered and don't seem to be members.

But I don't understand why ss2k4 would bring the amount of members up in this thread...

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
What about posters like Ncorgbl and Hotsoxchick?  Their names are in red and you can't access their profiles.  Do they count towards the number of members?  :huh:

They were deleted upon request. They don't count towards the 1919 either.

And I am not quite sure why you are so touchy Ross? A membership number saids a lot about how popular a site is, why are you giving me the 3rd degree over it?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 07:12 AM)
They were deleted upon request.  They don't count towards the 1919 either.

And I am not quite sure why you are so touchy Ross?  A membership number saids a lot about how popular a site is, why are you giving me the 3rd degree over it?

No I was just confused of why you posted 1919...if it was a number that mean't something weird or something. It was nothing towards you... :bang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
:cheers

Like I always say, never did I ever think this site would turn into something this big.  My guess is, a couple years from now I'll be saying the same thing.  Its truly an awesome community thanks to great posters :headbang

thats the kind of reaction I wanted to here...i never wanted to cause controversy.