Hawks Beat Detoliet

MurcieOne

Spiff........Batman is gay........

and for one day.......the hawks beat the defending champs. Minor Victory in a horrid season.

haha how dare you attack my avatar. i am crushed for life, someone has gone and insulted my avatar. the sun will never shine through again.

im sure detroit really cared about winning. they should have plenty of time to bow down--oh wait they have playoff games to prepare for. what a shame.

im sure detroit really cared about winning. they should have plenty of time to bow down--oh wait they have playoff games to prepare for. what a shame.

They DID care about winning! Had they won, they would've claimed the #1 seed. But, since they lost, they must sit at #2, which means that Dallas gets home ice advantage for the entire Western Conference playoffs. This loss is huger than you're making it out to be.

Heather is way too happy about this win. Basically, when they scored i said "eat that detroit", then quickly realized all we did was hurt their PLAYOFF seed. we aren't going to the playoffs, this season was a complete failure after jan 18 (damn fleury), time to watch some playoffs.

this season was a complete failure after jan 18 (damn fleury)

If 20 guys are destroyed by an off-ice incident in January, that's about the saddest thing I can say about a professional sports team. The Hawks used that crap as a crutch, and that's just weak. Fleury's play on the ice hurt the team way worse than one drunken incident ever could. Truth is, the Hawks have a terrible offense, a halfway-decent defense, and a good goaltender who gets worn down through overuse. I just hope that Leighton's play has convinced Brian The Goalie Killer that Thibault doesn't have to play 70 games a year.

The Hawks played well this weekend against 2 playoff teams, but they played s***ty enough for 6 months that those games meant ab-so-lute-ly NOTHING. Sure, Detroit wanted to win to get home-ice for the Conference Championship series, but for them, it's not the end of the world - or the end of the season. For the LackHawks, it's time to golf....again. Sickening.

They DID care about winning! Had they won, they would've claimed the #1 seed. But, since they lost, they must sit at #2, which means that Dallas gets home ice advantage for the entire Western Conference playoffs. This loss is huger than you're making it out to be.

actually all it does is change one possible home game into a possible away game.

actually all it does is change one possible home game into a possible away game.

Which is enough to potentially decide the winner of the series.

well last year in the conference finals, detroit was 2-2 at home and 2-1 on the road. therefore, it does not matter. therefore, i'm right.

When that #1 seed team is Dallas, who finished with a home record of 28-5-6-2, It sure as hell does matter!

Detroit was 28-7-5-1 at home last year. Therefore, it doesn't matter. Therefore, I'm right. Therefore,  :nono

But, that doesn't matter, because Detroit wouldn't have home ice advantage if they were to play the Stars, who ARE going to walk all over the Oilers. And then they'll walk over Vancouver, pitting them against the Wings in the WCF.

I don't think you understand that you didn't prove anything. The wings had a similar record at home last year to the the Stars' this year, yet they lost half the games they played at home in the conference finals, which proves that home ice advantage means nothing.