Illinois/Wisconson predictions

I haven't really chimed in on this whole topic. Even though i think this is one of the dumbest arguments ever.

Wiscy played a great game and could have won that game. Missed open shots/free throws at the end of the game helped us illini fans not have to sweat it out in the closing minutes.

I for one, think illinois has a really good chance of losing in the tournament to be perfectly honest. If their shots aren't falling from the outside and a team shoots better than Iowa did, we lose.

Now just for fun.

I-L-L

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
haha you can think im nuts

I agree with your statement about the lack of faith, but as far as MSU goes I havent been too impressed with them.. and I have a friend thats a MSU fan and he keeps talking s*** and saying MSU by 16 so I have to counter that, and I believe thats what its gonna be..

Last year when they played and Illinois killed them I gave him so much s*** he had to block me mid game on AIM

Until Illinois wins a NCAA title, goes to 3 straight final fours or wins 4 straight big 10 titles, I'd refrain from talking s*** to Michigan State fans. They've accomplished a helluva lot more than Illinois has recently my friend.

They are some of the most knowledgable fans in the game and are willing to admit the Illini have a good team.

I think Illinois obviously should win the game, I just wouldn't get too cocky yet.

By the way, care to lay some action on that game and give me the 16 or were you just talk?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Until Illinois wins a NCAA title, goes to 3 straight final fours or wins 4 straight big 10 titles, I'd refrain from talking s*** to Michigan State fans.  They've accomplished a helluva lot more than Illinois has recently my friend.

They are some of the most knowledgable fans in the game and are willing to admit the Illini have a good team.

I think Illinois obviously should win the game, I just wouldn't get too cocky yet.

By the way, care to lay some action on that game and give me the 16 or were you just talk?

I said the same thing when they talk s*** about IU. They say dont live in the past. :chair

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
I haven't really chimed in on this whole topic.  Even though i think this is one of the dumbest arguments ever.

Wiscy played a great game and could have won that game.  Missed open shots/free throws at the end of the game helped us illini fans not have to sweat it out in the closing minutes.

I for one, think illinois has a really good chance of losing in the tournament to be perfectly honest.  If their shots aren't falling from the outside and a team shoots better than Iowa did, we lose. 

Now just for fun.

I-L-L

Good post.

Like I said, I think it'd be good for them to lose a game before the tournament.

Otherwise, they'll be trying to do what no team has done since 1976, which well, seems to be a nearly impossible feat with the parody in college hoops.

To me their toughest game left in regular season play is this Tuesday though.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I said the same thing when they talk s*** about IU. They say dont live in the past.  :chair

because I dont care about what happened in the past, RIGHT NOW were #1 and we have passed all challenges so far... smashed Wake, beat Wiscy AT Wiscy

Im not saying they are going undefeated... but everyone talking bout their teams "past" accomplishments are usually the teams that are sorry right now

20 - 0 #1

(Carl brushes off Illinois' shoulder)

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
I said the same thing when they talk s*** about IU. They say dont live in the past.  :chair

Don't feel you have to justify yourself to them.

I went to IU, I like the Hoosiers as well.

Just always been a MSU fan since they've had Izzo due to my connections with the guy.

There are several Illini fans on here, like Brian and Soxnbears, who are modest and can have intelligent conversation.

I'll be the first to say that I think Illinois has the best team in the country right now, no doubt about it.

On the other hand, there are other more annoying posters who feel they have to gloat about a team who has played a schedule ranked 62nd best in the land. Their RPI, which used to factor largely into seeding for the tournament, is behind two teams who have already lost three games.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out in March, should be a great time.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Don't feel you have to justify yourself to them.

I went to IU, I like the Hoosiers as well.

Just always been a MSU fan since they've had Izzo due to my connections with the guy.

There are several Illini fans on here, like Brian and Soxnbears, who are modest and can have intelligent conversation.

I'll be the first to say that I think Illinois has the best team in the country right now, no doubt about it.

On the other hand, there are other more annoying posters who feel they have to gloat about a team who has played a schedule ranked 62nd best in the land.  Their RPI, which used to factor largely into seeding for the tournament, is behind two teams who have already lost three games.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out in March, should be a great time.

Man, 62nd schedule?

They have beat 5 top 25 teams, including snapping a 38 game home win streak.

Whatever.

I just can't wait until next Tuesday.

Just don't over look Minnesota.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Man, 62nd schedule?

They have beat 5 top 25 teams, including snapping a 38 game home win streak.

Whatever.

I just can't wait until next Tuesday.

Just don't over look Minnesota.

62nd schedule is a fact, not an opinion.

http://www.kenpom.com/rpi.php

Perhaps the Chicago St, Delaware St. Florida A &M and Oakland games have a lot to do with that.

I can't wait til Tuesday either, should be a great game.

Try not to take things so personally, fellas.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
You don't care because they haven't done s*** in the past.

That's fairly easy to determine.

No, I dont care because the past is done...

Were not gonna win any titles in the past, but we could this year, and thats all Im worried about..

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
How is KU #1 schedule???

How many times have they left Phog?

Oh, and I knew it was a face.  I didn't think you arbitrarily made up #62.

That's the formula, which is explained on that site fairly in-depth.

I don't totally understand it, but I think the RPI is a good tool because it does take into account the level of competition you've played, which is often a good determining factor of how a team will perform in the tournament. And yes, it does take into account where a game is played.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
62nd schedule is a fact, not an opinion.

http://www.kenpom.com/rpi.php

Perhaps the Chicago St, Delaware St. Florida A &M and Oakland games have a lot to do with that.

I can't wait til Tuesday either, should be a great game.

Try not to take things so personally, fellas.

SOS= crap. You can play a bunch of mediocre teams at home (ex. Kansas) and be rewarded more for that than playing some very good teams (Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, but having the weakest of the weak cupcakes rather than just cupcakes.

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
No, I dont care because the past is done...

Were not gonna win any titles in the past, but we could this year, and thats all Im worried about..

Okay, enough about that.

You going to wager or not?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
That's the formula, which is explained on that site fairly in-depth.

I don't totally understand it, but I think the RPI is a good tool because it does take into account the level of competition you've played, which is often a good determining factor of how a team will perform in the tournament.  And yes, it does take into account where a game is played.

Then I can't possibly conceve how KU has the #1 ranked schedule?

Who have they beat compared to Illinois who has beat Cincy, Gonzaga, Wake, Iowa, and @Wiscy...

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)

Probably because it's not updated as frequently as KenPom.

That RPI link I gave you is about the best there is, as it uses the exact NCAA formula and is updated daily.

One more thing I want to add, everyone needs to just quit getting so defensive and just talk hoops.

Illinois is a great team, I've said it many times, I just don't believe in awarding anything at the end of January.

I love talking hoops with you Illini fans, you're damn passionate that's for sure.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang