Interesting Point

HuskyCaucasian

Leno just made an interesting, yet very sad point in his monologue this evening.

President Bush is about to raise the reward for Osama to $50 million.....

which is ruffly the same amount than the Marlins just shelled out for Carlos Delgado.

So, we are paying our professional athletes more than the hunt for an international TERRORIST!

:crying :crying :crying :crying

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 06:43 AM)
I cannot believe Dog, the Bounty Hunter hasn't brought Osama in yet  :crying

Money isn't going to matter. I doubt someone is waiting until the reward is "worth it" to turn him in.

Don't speak too quickly. Some people don't buy lottery tickets until it gets over $200 Mil. :huh

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Don't speak too quickly. Some people don't buy lottery tickets until it gets over $200 Mil.  :huh

I assume if you are the one to collect the reward, you basically are getting the money for your survivors, if any.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
I pretty much agree. I think everyone can be bought. But, I just think it is a sad comentary on our society.

Its easy to say that as an American. If you want a really interesting read on the type of people we are dealing with read the December National Geographic on Afganistan. One of the tenets of their religion REQUIRES them to give shelter and safety to ANYONE who shows up on their doorstep. It doesn't matter if it their mortal enemy, they HAVE to do it. If they turn in someone, their life is over. It would be like having a child molester show up in your neighborhood... a person turning in Bin Laden would be viewed the sameway. In the article someone said a person turning in Bin Laden, his life wouldn't even be worth "an onion". One of the other interesting quotes was even if an American soldier showed up at their door, they would give them refuge. I highly recommend the article to anyone who wants to get a feel for thier society.