Cubs openner cancelled

southsider2k5

Guest hotsoxchick1
They probably consulted with RedPinStripes before cancelling it!

"No way, man, it's COLD - I'd just go home!!"

:lol:  :bringit  :lol:

lol they probably did ask rps.............i still cant believe they went home.... omg.........now you know why he is called puss boy................. :D

Snowstorm excuse is BS for Sox and Cubs, they just wanted a little warmer weather Tuesday.

The Indians played in snow on opening day in Baltimore, and the Sox have played in bad weather all season long. So, I don't have a problem at all with them waiting until Tuesday to play. The better the weather is, the better our offense will be, so I have no qualms about it.

:lol:  :bringit  :lol:

lol they probably did ask rps.............i still cant believe they went home.... omg.........now you know why he is called puss boy................. :D

While I thought the game would probably be cancelled, I was not in favor of leaving the ballpark at 3:30..... during rush hour. Like we had anything better to do. But, they were my ride and I was bound to their decision. Ask Guido if I was pissed on the way home :fyou

While I thought the game would probably be cancelled, I was not in favor of leaving the ballpark at 3:30..... during rush hour. Like we had anything better to do. But, they were my ride and I was bound to their decision. Ask Guido if I was pissed on the way home :fyou

You guys left at 3:30????????????

the delay had hardly begun then!

You may have been pissed but someone(s) was/were (a) real wimp(s) in that group! Name names! I want to know who to mock!

With the group that i was with, those in favor of staying never looked at the one who wanted to go - since we never made eye contact we never had to listen to any b****ing. Besides, leaving because of massive rain and thunder and lightening is like leaving when it is 8-0 Cubs -

it ain't over till we say its over!

You may have been pissed but someone(s) was/were (a) real wimp(s) in that group!  Name names!  I want to know who to mock!

MauryPinStripes and Guido. While I had voiced the prediction that the game would probably not be played, I wasn't in favor of leaving at 3:30. I need to make that clear. I had just tapped my first shooter bottle and asked who was getting the second round of Cokes to maintain when Maury and Guido suggested we leave. If they say I didn't protest there saying to give it some more time, they're lying. Predicting the game wouldn't be played and deciding to leave without an official announcement are two different things. I wanted to wait for an indication. I'm still not happy about it :angry:

RPS and Guido are wimps then.

Hell, we are from Chiocago, a little rain and thunder scare us off?

One reason to always have a radio is we put on ESPN and listened to what they were saying and around 4 they spoke of a clearing that was moving our way so we knew the game would be played for sure - there is no way that the Sox did not want to play that game - the Trib reported that the Sox were going to hold off calling it until 9 pm, the official time it would have been out of their hands - I would have waited as long as it took - and as you said what the hell else were we doing that day? As it all turns out, it was one mem orable afternoon and evening that I can talk about the rest of my life! (Thunder really reverberates in the upper deck concourse.) I would expect RPS to be a chicken s***, he is a ND fan, but Guido disappoints me. I thought he was tougher than that!

I don't travel all the distance I do just to say "no game." And I have preserved my lifetime record of never having been rained out. :lol: :headbang

there is no way that the Sox did not want to play that game - the Trib reported that the Sox were going to hold off calling it until 9 pm, the official time it would have been out of their hands - I would have waited as long as it took -

I said the same thing to them in a round-about way. We had money and liquor and cleared the Friday schedule for White Sox baseball. I was shocked that the two of them said "Let's go" at 3:30. We were listening to AM1000 on the way back. When they announced a clearing in the weather and the tarp coming off, I think I may have recorded a new single pre-game record for "F" bombs dropped in a single sentence. I'm gonna stop talking about this. I'm getting pissed off again that I paid for the first and only round of drinks and $29 to check out the renovations :angry:

Guest wsc425

I stayed through the whole thing. Even though my pesky little bros wanted to leave.

My friend stayed.

My other friend stayed.

My ex stayed.

My social studies and b**** fake cub fan left.

Stupid math teacher.

Darn I was hoping that they would have to suffer through worse weather than we had for our openner. :angry:

By the way, I don't think we suffered through anything. I had a lot of fun waiting it out and when the game started, it was a crowd of what, 15,000 maybe, but every one was a die hard and true believer who really wanted that game played and the Sox to win - one of the most fun crowds ever, at least in my world in the upper deck - I really enjoyed the Friday experience in its entirety!

Remember the N.S.S. patch they used to wear on their sleeves of their jerseys? I and a few of my friends referred to them back then as the Northside Side Sissies!! There name continues to live up to their reputation. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Don't know if they still have it tho, and I'm not sure what it actually stood for.

CWSOX45

MauryPinStripes and Guido. While I had voiced the prediction that the game would probably not be played, I wasn't in favor of leaving at 3:30. I need to make that clear. I had just tapped my first shooter bottle and asked who was getting the second round of Cokes to maintain when Maury and Guido suggested we leave. If they say I didn't protest there saying to give it some more time, they're lying.

I can back that up, I was there and he said that. Killa didn't think they would get they game in, but said we should wait awhile and see what shakes down.

Atleast the shooter bottles didn't go to waste. ;)