ST Invitees

Heads22

Hadn't seen it elsewhere:

Pitchers (6): Brandon McCarthy, Ryan Meaux, Enemencio Pacheco, David Sanders, Josh Stewart and Eduardo Villacis.

Catchers (5): Jonathan Aceves, Jamie Burke, Raul Casanova, Gustavo Molina and Chris Widger.

Infielders (3): Josh Fields, Pablo Ozuna and Jorge Toca.

Outfielders (3): Tony Alvarez, Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I hope Pablo Ozuna comes up huge in Spring Training so he can be our backup utility guy at 2B and SS.  I don't want to see Wilson Valdez on our opening day roster. :puke

Why? He has less upside than Valdez, older than Valdez and hasn't shown the ability to hit outside of hitter's parks at the minor league level. That and adding him to the 40-man roster means that the Sox have to remove another player off the 40 man. Valdez should be more than capabale of being a backup and getting somewhere in the vicinity of 80-100 at-bats.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
I think Fields/Widger have the best shots. For some reason, Fields just seems likeh e could be on this team...this year.

Unless the kid just completely tears it up and if Crede is horrible or maybe injured he won't make this team and he won't rot on the bench.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
I think Fields/Widger have the best shots. For some reason, Fields just seems likeh e could be on this team...this year.

You're dreaming, right?

The only way Fields is even close to the major league team this year is if we're out of it by September, and Fields absolutely rips up high-A, and double-A, or whichever he starts.

Even if Crede sucks early, Kenny will make a move for a thirdbaseman. Book it, Fields won't see any action in Chicago this year...