Willie Harris Article

DBAHO

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
IMO this team would be much better with Willie off the bench then Timo. It would also give us more flexibility because he gives us a 2B and an OF. However Timo wouldn't be traded unless he got caught pissing in KW cereal and even then it's kind of iffy (because they love him so much for some damn reason). I'd much rather have Willie able to step in and become the new CF if and when Pods or Iguchi fails.

Timo should be traded....

Sadly Harris will be traded...

Timo is liked because he's clutch, has a team first approach to the game, and doesn't b**** or smoke cigs. Willie has some growing up to do. Despite his talent, he doesn't fit the mold as far as attitude we're striving to acheive.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
IMO this team would be much better with Willie off the bench then Timo. It would also give us more flexibility because he gives us a 2B and an OF. However Timo wouldn't be traded unless he got caught pissing in KW cereal and even then it's kind of iffy (because they love him so much for some damn reason). I'd much rather have Willie able to step in and become the new CF if and when Pods or Iguchi fails.

Timo should be traded....

Sadly Harris will be traded...

Only difference is, Timo knows his role on the team and Willie is a disgruntled employee right now.

Harris is of no use to the Sox unless (1) he accepts his role and is willing to do it or (2) if Iguchi or Uribe get hurt.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
Timo is liked because he's clutch, has a team first approach to the game, and doesn't b**** or smoke cigs. Willie has some growing up to do. Despite his talent, he doesn't fit the mold as far as attitude we're striving to acheive.

Timo is also incredibly lazy and only tries when he wants to. I feel i'm the only one that remembers him at the beginning on the year not even attempting to run after balls he could of easily have caught. He started off lazy and it wasn't until about mid year he actually tried. At least we got better then that with Willie.

Williw might not have the best attitude but I don't like players that half ass it for half the year either. At least with Willie it's because he thinks he's better then what he's doing now. He needs to get his head out of his ass and prove it.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
I couldn't disagree with anything in the article.

...and he's completely right, if you don't yank him out of the lineup when he's hitting .330 and bench him for 5 straight games and then expect him to be an all star every other day when you finally decide to play him your nuts. Rowand didn't start to hit until he was left in the lineup for a few weeks and that was only because of a hitting streak (could you imagine where we'd be now if AROW happened to be an 0-4 that day. Timo would of gotten about another 100 at bats in CF  :puke )

He's right. They either need to give him a fair chance to make the starting job or trade him. You can't blame a guy for being a little pissed when the organization has jerked him around so often.

I agree with Jeckle

Willie sounds like most any person would in this situation. If your employer just hired someone to replace you, I bet you wouldn't be all happy and whatever helps the company. He's asking for a chance to compete for the job. I thought that's what sports was about. I don't want guys on the team that wouldn't want a chance to compete and believe they should be a starter. Anything else is a loser attitude.

To be fair to Harris, they probably need to trade him before ST so he has a fair chance somewhere else.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Only difference is, Timo knows his role on the team and Willie is a disgruntled employee right now.

Harris is of no use to the Sox unless (1) he accepts his role and is willing to do it or (2) if Iguchi or Uribe get hurt.

Is Timo's role to say, they're better than me, I'll just back them up; or to push them and make them earn their starting spots?